What’s needed . . .
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 C butter softened
- 2 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ C powdered cocoa (Hershey’s® Cocoa is my choice)
- 2C flour
- ½ bag (6 oz) of Hershey’s® dark chocolate morsels (or 5 oz chopped, unsweetened baker’s chocolate; other substitutions are peanut butter or white chocolate morsels)
- Using a mixer, cream butter, eggs, vanilla until soft. Scrape down bowl.
- Add baking soda, salt and cocoa. Scrape again. Gradually add flour. Add chocolate morsels last.
- Drop teaspoon-sized drops onto un-greased cooking sheet.
- Bake 8-9 minutes.
- Cool 2 minutes before transferring to rack or brown paper.
These have also become a favorite of the cookie monster (Grenville) at the Frog & Penguinn.