Dessert is not a regular occurrence at The Frog & PenguINN, but last weekend we had some blueberries just begging to be used in a dessert. OK maybe it was Grenville who was begging for a treat. We had an open box of Bisquick mix with enough left for a treat and cobbler came to mind. An online search produced many recipes and some included a topping. This one does not, but we topped it with ice cream.
Bisquick™ Blueberry Cobbler
First, a recipe mix-up confession is needed here. When I read the recipe, I completely missed the fact that the batter was supposed to go in first. Instead, I put the blueberries and lemon in first over the melted butter, then poured the Bisquick mix on top.
- 6 TBSP butter, melted
- 1-1/4 C Bisquick
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2/3 C milk
- 3 C fresh blueberries (frozen would work too I read)
- 2 tsp lemon zest (orange zest works too)
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- Pour melted butter into 8 or 9-inch square baking dish.
- Whisk together Bisquick, sugar, milk; pour over melted butter.
- Stir lemon zest, lemon juice and blueberries together.
- Place evenly over Bisquick batter.
Even with my mix-up, the dessert was delicious — just ask Grenville.