Easy Baked Beans
Open cans of baked beans (or pork and beans if you prefer). My choice was (3) 28 oz cans of Bush’s® Best Maple Cured Beans.
- Open beans and pour in pot.
- Cook 1/2 lb of bacon until crisp. Remove bacon, drain, crumble and set aside. Reserve drippings.
- Chop small onion; Cook in reserved drippings until tender.
- Add cooked onion and following ingredients to beans.
2 tbsp ketchup (catsup if you prefer)
1 tbsp prepared mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Sample after adding and adjust amounts as needed.
Heat on stovetop for 15-20 minutes over medium to low heat.* Place into 1 ½ quart casserole. Top with bacon. Bring to event.
HOW you will know for sure that everyone enjoyed the baked beans?
By the nearly empty casserole dish you take home.
* Optional: Instead of heating on stovetop, bake uncovered in a 350°F degree oven for about an hour. (But why bother heating up the kitchen on a warm day?)
The after-picnic night time maneuvers were cancelled due to attacks of marauding seagulls in search of leftovers and no-see-ems starting their own evening maneuvers.