Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

It’s From the Garden

Back by popular  demand (not sure if my vote counts) it’s another What is This from the F&P garden. The last post resulted in several great “guesstimates” and quite a few were correct. The winner was Christer, our Swedish blog friend from The cottage by Cranelake who couldn’t pick up his prize, something about it being a long trip here.

Luckily – for us, but not them – our friends’ garden was eaten by hungry deer this summer, so they (friends, not the deer) happily took the excess veggies. But don’t worry cause – in case you are prone to do so – because Grenville assures me he will have a ready supply of more veggies for the winner of this quiz!

Here’s a few clues (or not). This time the flower photos are NOT all from veggies, but of course, there are a couple included.  Garden folks may easily know these – all are from our garden with no repeats from last time. Butterflies are especially fond of at least one of these and will  strip a plant in the caterpillar stage. And, the red berries are not any form of tomato.CLUES:

BTW, I did NOT include the file name on the image so NO hints there.

  

HAVE FUN !

ANSWERS will be in the next post with photos of the flower and plant.

4 comments:

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

This was really tough!
1. some kind of sage.
2, onions perhaps.
3, caraway.
4, I would like to say some kind of sage on this one too.
5. I´m pretty sure that is berries from an asparagus.
5. no idea.
I really enjoyed this and I have no idea if I have even one right :-) :-) :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hi Christer, Thanks for being the first to give this a try. You DO have at least 1 correct, but that is all. Since others may (or may not) attempt any guesses, I will wait until Sun to post the answers. Yes, this is fun for me too!

Elaine said...

Okay, I agree, this is really tough. I can't figure out any of them, although #3 might be geranium buds. Perhaps they are all plants that won't grow here in Fairbanks.....

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Elaine, if we didn't have these plants growing in the garen here, I would NOT be able to ID them myself. I think these might grow in Alaska, but you can better tell me the answer after seeing the answers post, which will be up shortly. Thanks for the reply!