Yes, there's many variations, and I' tried several as well - with nuts and without. This one (no nuts) is from my trusted and very first cookbook, The Betty Crocker Cookbook – it's the one with the red cover in the 3-ring binder.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 C sugar
- 3 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2-3 ripe mashed bananas
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Measure ingredients into large mixer bowl; beat on medium speed for a minute, scraping side and bottom of bowl. Pour into pan.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool thoroughly before cutting (if you can wait that long).