Pages

Friday, June 9, 2023

Friday Funnies

This was one of the sculptures being worked on during the recent Sculpture Symposium in Nashua, NH. The sculptor is Jim Larson, a NH native and director of the Nashua International Sculpture Symposium.
While I don't know what its actual name will be when completed, that didn't prevent me from thinking—Open Wide or Feed MeAs always, feel free to add any in the comments.
The above photos show Larson working on the sculpture, which will be placed in an outdoor setting as previous the symposium sculptures have been in locations throughout Nashua. He also told me that  this pice would be placed at an angle and sunk into the ground to resemble a monster's mouth. The large teeth will be reinforced with steel rods. 

Enjoy the Weekend, Everyone
We're visiting family in RI and CT; blog visits resume next week

11 comments:

Bijoux said...

It looks like vampire teeth to me.

gigi-hawaii said...

Awful. Imagine displaying that thing in your home.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Interesting what artist will do.

Emma Springfield said...

Instantly I thought of vampire teeth. Shudder.

Michelle said...

Ha! I like the teeth!

nick said...

I wouldn't like to come across those fierce-looking teeth one dark night - or any other night for that matter.

David said...

Hi Beatrice, We just returned from a road trip so I'm in the process of catching up... An imaginative sculpture for sure! It reminds me of myself when I'm attacking a nice ribeye steak! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

DeniseinVA said...

Oh my goodness, that is such an interesting piece!

acorn hollow said...

That is funny but it looks like fangs eeek
Cathy

My name is Erika. said...

That sculpture is a riot. I like it so far, and I bet it was fun to see him working. The one photo with the red tubing going into it made me think of when you're at the dentist-smile. Hope all has been well for you. hugs-Erika

Veronica Lee said...

I thought of vampire teeth too.

An interesting piece, though.

Hugs and blessings, Dorothy