Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Celebrating Family

While posts showing our younger family members are not frequent, the good news is that everyone is doing well. There's been a graduation, a birthday and an engagement, we unfortunately missed being there for these events, but family members sent these pics. 

We hope to visit these grands in the coming months. Grenville and granddaughter celebrate July birthdays.
Both oldest grands spent several days visiting NYC with their father. They posed for these photos with a new "friend" who they left behind in the city.
Daughter No. 1 and boyfriend became engaged on vacation. Coincidentally, it was on the same date as the 25th anniversary of our first date.
At the end of May, youngest granddaughter graduated pre-school and will enter full-day kindergarten in Sept. Yes, how fast the years have gone by.
After a family vacation, she was home and helping with a home renovation project. 
The youngest family member, our great nephew, celebrated his 1st birthday earlier this month. He's quite the charmer according to his mom who sent these pics.
His older sister is our great niece who is 2-1/2 years old. Their mom shared that these youngsters are great playmates and have a lot of fun together. 

Although, we see family members as often as possible during road trips, the youngest ones always seem to be growing up so fast. At the same time, we don't feel we're getting older.

How about you? — Is it the same in your family too; the older we get, the younger as well?

Several folks asked if we enjoyed a donut on Friday, June 3, National Donut Day in the U.S. We did not. But, will celebrate National Ice Cream Day on the third Sunday in July, and it falls on July 17 this year. Readers of this blog already know, we don't need a holiday to enjoy ice cream. Does anyone?

23 comments:

Marcia said...

Lots of smiling faces for good reasons too. Congratulations all around!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

These days, so many families are spread all across the continent, or around the world in fact, it's hard to keep up with everyone.

Bijoux said...

It’s nice to be able to see so many photos quickly these days of loved ones, instead of waiting to get developed and then mailing! I cannot believe my oldest grandson is turning 5 this August. Makes me sad! Wish they could stay little forever.

Jeanie said...

Lots of happiness and joy in those photos! And I love seeing that!

Barbara Rogers said...

Great to see all your family photos...as sent to you by their parents probably...yes, the photo production has certainly become much more convenient. But having these saved somewhere is a bit more difficult these days, rather than an album.

MadSnapper said...

I have to wait until they have a national Hamburger Day since I don't eat sugar.. maybe a french fry day. yum.. all I can say is every single one of your grands I have seen from birth to now and they are grwoing up faster than weeds and more adorable each time.

NewRobin13 said...

It's lovely to see photos of your very adorable family.

Anvilcloud said...

TG that we live in a time when photos are plentiful and sharing them is easy.

gigi-hawaii said...

I just love your family pics, especially Nicholas, adorable kid! You may feel young, but I feel as old as the hills. Gigi hawaii

Jon said...

Bright smiles on a beautiful family, and many momentous upcoming occasions.

But what's this?? Are my myopic eyes failing me?
Are they real SNAKES on the first photos?? If so, Those kids are braver than me.

DUTA said...

There's nothing more warming the heart and pleasing the eyes than children's photos. The more, the better.

L. D. said...

Lots of great family photos. I think you should eat ice cream as often as you can and throw in a doughnut often. Great blog to visit.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such lovely family photographs, a delight to see.

All the best Jan

Linda G. said...

Wonderful family photos! The first pictures, with the snake, reminded me of our trip to NYC with Bob’s daughter. That trip was in the late 1990s or early 2000s. My stepdaughter held a snake like that one too.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh what lovely pictures of such a beautiful family! And so many fun and happy events! What joy and blessing to have so many grands/great grands, etc., etc., to enjoy watching grow up, even if mostly by photo. We are fortunate to have such instant photos through social media so we don't have to wait for them to develop and be mailed to us. And ice cream sure sounds good. It's too late in the evening for some now, but I may have to have some tomorrow. Have a blessed rest of your week.

Vee said...

Probably not as I confess to having ice cream for breakfast this morning. 😏

You sure have some adorable younger family members. I enjoy being around the
youthful crowd. Keeps me from getting too stuffy.

Jenny Woolf said...

Thanks for the nice pictures of the children, it's so good to see them full of good cheer. Little Nicholas James is indeed a ray of sunshine! I don't need an excuse for icecream either, in fact I feel like some right now!!! Have a nice weekend!

My name is Erika. said...

There are so many beautiful and smiling faces in this post, as well as lots of good news. All these big events must make you happy too. And I'm with you about ice cream too. Happy rest of the week. Hugs-Erika

Rob K said...

What a beautiful family--except for the snake, of course. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly my two nieces have grown into young women.

I've stopped asking their ages when their birthdays roll around because I don't want to know.

Thanks for the tip about National Ice Cream Day. I'll start starving myself from now.

Margaret D said...

Lovely photos of family, nice to see.

Rita said...

So glad they send you pictures!
I know you will enjoy ice cream day--LOL! :)

William Kendall said...

I have not seen family since before Covid.


I once touched a snake of that size. Different from what I'd expect.

Doris said...

Your Grands are so beautiful. So much to celebrate in your family...congrats to the new graduate and the engagement! The two older grands and the new friend...oh my, I could never!!!