Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

What is This?

It’s been quite awhile since the last What is This – way back before we took to the road.  So, here’s a new one . . .

what is this1112 (3)

OK, here’s a couple of hints about what this is NOT – it has nothing to do with guns or ammunition or even tools, even though it was bought in a hardware store. And, it’s something I’m using every day right now – will explain later.

That’s all the non-hints. Any guesses?

This is a “just for fun” post. Some folks may be surprised at the answer or maybe not.

10 comments:

Mom A said...

A nut cracker.

Lois Evensen said...

I'll let My Honey figure this one out. ;)

Kjell T. Evensen said...

It looks like a nut cracker to me! :)

Kjell

Unknown said...

Have no idea.
Costas

possum said...

Could it have anything to do with your abundance of pecans this year????

Personally, I use a box, the low kind that holds 24 cans of cat food, and 10x12 end of a plank. Fill the box with pecans, put the board on top, step on the board, or maybe jump on it... scrunch... 30-40 cracked pecans.
Does NOT work on walnuts, tho...

Margaret said...

It is a pecan cracker.

Christine said...

It's a nut cracker, got one just like it! Sure beats cracking them by hand. Have a wonderful day!

Unknown said...

a pumpkin huller, Diana

Elaine said...

I've got to agree with everyone else and go with a nut cracker.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hi folks, well so many of you got this one correct. YES, it's a NUT CRACKER and in the next post I'll show you how I use it.

Thought this one might stump some it did, sorry Costas and Diana. But if you had asked me to ID this a couple of years ago I would have had no clue. At my childhood home, we always used the plier-like nut crackers and until this one was given to me I'd never seen one like it.

Thanks one and all for joining in with your guesses.

Welcome Margaret - do stop by anytime!