Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Answer - Slide Trays

DSCF0021A few days ago, I travelled through several European countries and various parts of the U.S. and Canada without leaving the Frog and PenguINN – all within a couple of hours.

HOW?

A projector and trays of 35mm slides were tucked away in a closet. Remember those?

It was fun taking a trip down memory lane, but it was time for all of these to find another home.

DSCF0010

DSCF0005

There were 18 slide trays, and nearly all were full – 100 slides in each. All were emptied, then the slides were labeled and boxed – takes up less room than all those trays. Both the projector and the trays were donated to a local thrift store . Perhaps someone will have a good use for them.

DSCF0013

Like fellow bloggers, Sara and Elaine, it will take a very long time to get these scanned – that’s a project for a rainy day or maybe a rainy month?

4 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

Did you know they don't make projecters any more, a relic. I had lots and donated them to a classroom since they still had a projecter.It got harder and harder to get them processed.Happy Thanksgiving!

Carole Barkett said...

I never would have guessed. If you're like me it will be more like a year

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hi Steve, yes i suspected projectors and slide trays were no longer in production. Hopefully someone else will have use for the donated "stuff." It's far easier to store the slides in a couple of boxes now. Not sure if i will ever convert to prints. Thanks for the holiday wishes; we had a great time in Decatur, GA with friends.

Yes, Ann it will be more like several years, if ever for me to get through the slides. I wasn't sure if folks would get this one - thanks for commenting.

Elaine said...

Oh, yeah, at least a year! I've been working on it for several, but I just got a new printer that will scan slides. I have hopes it will work much faster and better than my old scanner did. Now I just need to find the time to settle down and just do it!