The ingredients list is small and you may already have everything needed in your pantry.
NOTE: You can add chocolate chips or nuts for variations of this recipe.
Peanut Butter Cookies
- ¾ C creamy peanut butter (any brand)
- ½ C Crisco® all vegetable shortening
- 1 ¼ C light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 TBSP milk
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¾ C all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add egg and beat until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add slowly to creamed mixture at low speed.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased baking sheet; flatten slightly with edge of fork.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until just set and starting to brown.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to cooling rack or brown paper to completely cool.