Pages

Friday, July 26, 2024

Friday Funnies

We really like signs and, not surprisingly, we have a number of these in our apartment. Many are on the walls, others are atop door entryways and on bookcases among with family photos. There's at least one several in every room. Here's a look at some of our home decor.
As we also enjoy wine these signs combine both of these likes. These are displayed on the wall near our wine bottle shelves. The one sign is rather misleading as we have enjoyed many cheap inexpensive wines, more often than not.
This sign hangs in the opening between the kitchen and dining area. Since we have a galley-style kitchen, no one has actually dined there.
And this one is displayed in the kitchen. 
These signs are on the bedroom walls as part of this larger collection.
There's hanging signs and photos on our bedroom walls. There's frogs and penguins in this grouping as might be expected.
The framed penguin images in this grouping are actually greeting card favorites.
It may seem trite to some, but we do this nearly every evening even if these are air kisses.
These long signs are over doorways and the headboard. They bring a smile every time we see one of them, which is daily. As to a favorite, we don't have any specific one. 
These penguin and snowmen figures share a living room bookcase and also a sign.
This newest sign was bought at a local thrift store recently, we like the positive wording on this one.  It's displayed on a wall that looks into the living room and is viewed daily
The living room bookshelves contain family photos and signs; here's another favorite sign with family members. 

FYI (as some may recall) a popular 1970s song, Signs was performed by The Five Man Electrical Band, a previously unknown Canadian rock group. This tune popularized the band and was written by Les Emmerson, the band's frontman, who on a Route 66 CA road trip saw that scenery obscured by billboards. Signs was first a 1970 B-side to an unsuccessful single. Re-released in 1971, it reached No. 4 in Canada, No. 3 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and became a gold record ranked as the No. 24 song that year. The band disbanded by 1975. 

And, now you know, the rest of the story.

Your turn — Any signs, artwork or other wall displays featured in your home ?

Enjoy Your Weekend, Everyone
We're going to Show of Dreams, a British auto show in Hudson, NH

28 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

We do not have a single sign in our home. Many pictures. No words.

Bijoux said...

I didn’t know you liked wine that much! We don’t have any signs here.

Marie Smith said...

Love that last sign! A prescription for life!

gigi-hawaii said...

I much prefer art, so you will see no signs in my home.

Boud said...

No signs here. I'll stick with reading yours.

Barbara Rogers said...

I'm also signless in my abode...indeed can't find enough walls for pictures to hand from...so they are on shelves. Love your little snowmen and penguins!

MadSnapper said...

I don't have any signs, I do have 4 photos of our dogs that have short scripture printed on them, they are in my digital art page tab on Madsnapper. the good thing about all your signs you have collected, if the power goes off you have lots of reading material handy. ha ha there are a lot great sayings here

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

You have quite a collection there. I don't think I have any signs at all - plenty of photos, a few framed LP covers and a signed cricket bat!

Red said...

Nice collection of sayings to go by each day.

My name is Erika. said...

I remember that song. And you have a lot of fun signs. I just have a few. I especially like the one about its not what you have but who you share it with. Enjoy this gorgeous weather this weekend! hugs-Erika

Marcia said...

Some signs on refrigerator and one in cross stitch but that's about it. I think your collection takes the prize.

David said...

Hi Beatrice, Not too many signs in our home...just a couple on the screened porch that relate to relaxing and my better half's home town in Missouri plus one laser cut sign about our relationship in the bedroom. As far as artwork, our house is loaded with it! My mother, my brother and my stepfather were all painters/artists and Laurie and I have picked up a few nice but minor pieces over the years. We had so many items that half of the walls in our son's home in Nebraska is covered with items we didn't have room for in our home. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Emma Springfield said...

First of all I love the song Signs. Next I too enjoy signs. Of the ones you posted my favorite is the many ways to enjoy life.

Sandra said...

No signs. I do like yours, though. I don't have much wall space in my house. I also remember that song.

Anvilcloud said...

You seem to have trouble singing off.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I hope you return with some cool photos of the car show. Wow, you have a lot of signs! I especially like the one about "many people have eaten in this kitchen and gone on to lead normal healthy lives". That one is so funny!! I love signs and do have some, which I switch out from time to time. I also have a few letterboards and like making and displaying my own signs. I love your little penguins; they are so adorable!!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

P.S. I remember this song well!!!

Jon said...

Your signs have humor and positive thoughts, which brightens every day. I have art and photos, which evoke warm memories.

Carola Bartz said...

You have quite the collection and I love the wine signs. We have a very few signs here, some still from Germany. We do have a lot of pictures displayed - photos and paintings or prints. However, our doormat at the front door reads "Turn around of you didn't bring wine" - I guess we fit perfectly in your wine category. Well, we do live in wine country... Have a lovely weekend - Carola

At Home In New Zealand said...

Loved reading through all your signs :)

Rita said...

No signs here but I loved reading all yours.
I used to have a sign my BFF Ruby gave me up in my studio for years that said "You are never too old to have a happy childhood". LOL!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

That first one is so true! Well, unless you are cranky after drinking too much of course.

Veronica Lee said...

No signs here.
I enjoyed reading yours though.
My walls are mostly decorated with paintings.

Have a great weekend, Dorothy.

Sandy said...

You've got some good ones there. Love all the wine ones. We have very few signs hanging, but one I have says hello spring. I truly dislike all things winter, so I keep it visible all year long to help me remember spring will come and things will be good again. I have a thermomotor in the kitchen that says save water and drink Martini's. I make excellent cocktails by the way including, but not limited to Martini's.
Sandy's Space

Ludwig said...

Delightful! We have some signs stored in the basement but none on walls. One place, though, has plenty small ones: our refrigerator with magnet signs from all over. This is a fun post.

photowannabe said...

I truly love all of your signs. They show your personality and creative spirit. I do have several but have mostly photos on our walls.
The sign that says Live Life Joyfully is really my favorite. What a wonderful attitude. Oh and the cross stitch of the penguins is fantastic.
Sue

nick said...

That's a splendid collection of signs you have there. We don't have any signs in our house, or on our car for that matter. But we love all the wacky signs that people come up with. I've always liked that one "Enjoy life, this is not a rehearsal".

DeniseinVA said...

You have a great collection of signs and were fun to read.