Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Longest Day

Yesterday was the first day of winter and the longest night in the Northern Hemisphere. After an overcast day in Nashua, NH, skies cleared for this end of day reflection.

My longest day is today, which marks the 6th anniversary of my mother's passing. Remembering her, I am thankful for many things especially that her death was not related to the current pandemic and that she did not have to witness its impact. My mom would have been in the highest risk category because of age and prevailing health conditions. And, if she had been infected, most likely I would have been unable to visit her in NJ.

Today, my sadness is filled with remembrance and gratitude and love.  My mother enjoyed the Christmas holidays and always made them special. Those memories will always remain.

Comments are off. Thanks for understanding. 

No comments: