Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Twice Good Family News

Last year was a big year for family celebrations with weddings in the spring and fall. Our two nieces, sisters Jamie (left) and Julie (right) were married in NJ.

Coincidentally, both grooms share the same first name, Michael. Another very happy  coincidence is that both couples will be welcoming girls and both in the same month of this coming October. 
Jamie and Mike have chosen the name Savannah Marie for their daughter. Julie and Michael will welcome Autumn Rose. The name Rose has special significance in our family. It was it the middle name of my late mother. And, Rosa was the first name of her mother, thus a great grandmother and great, great grandmother are being remembered. 

This past spring, Jamie completed her nursing degree at a NJ community college and has been preparing for her state boards later this year.

Meanwhile, my brother and his wife (Anita & Tony) after welcoming new son-in-laws last year will become first-time grandparents twice within the a year.

We're looking forward to meeting both our great nieces sometime during the upcoming holiday season. Julie, Michael and Autumn Rose will be spending Thanksgiving with my brother, his wife and us in PA. We're thankful for that upcoming celebration.

Any good news upcoming in your families?

13 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Not much news here. We did learn last evening that Sha and the kids plan on another cruise late in 2020.

baili said...

Oh these are delightful photos dear Dorothy :)

your nieces are looking so happy ,both ladies are beautiful .

how lucky to attend such precious family events my friend

life is lovely when we have loved ones around us and their smiling faces filled our hearts with pride and serenity :)

hope her nursing goes great in future
what a joy to meet all of them again , wishing you more and more happiness my friend

DUTA said...

Lovely two couples! Weddings and births are the best family news. I suppose the parents on both sides are in ecstasy.

MadSnapper said...

wow on double weddings in one year and double grandbabies in another year.. congratulations to the brides and grooms and the to be grand parents. Mike and Mike did well. My friend in Savannah, had a son Mike and a Son in law mike, and a daughter named Linda and a DIL named Linda. Mike and Linda married, so did Mike and Linda. we have fun telling whom is whom

Anonymous said...

Lovely seeing the new family members there. The name Rose has a significance in my family as well. My father's mother (my grandmother whom I never met) was named Rose. She died before I was born. In the Jewish tradition we name a child after a dearly departed loved one. Rose and I shared the Hebrew name Rifka, and I was named Robin.

William Kendall said...

Not too much in my family, though I got a chance recently to get away and attend a family reunion.

Emma Springfield said...

New babies in the family is always fantastic news. It will be a good Thanksgiving.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Weddings and babies...........what could be better! Such sweet looking couples and how pretty are the bride's dresses!
Have yourself a wonderful weekend!

mamasmercantile said...

You have so much to look forward to, to share Thanksgiving with family and a new addition must be wonderful. We are visiting family over the next month so are very excited.

Bill said...

My daughter will be coming to Ireland this year, the dates are not confirmed yet. It will be fun to see her again. She was here last year for a week.
You have lots to look forward too in the near future, it sounds exciting.

Jon said...

What sweet wedding photos - congratulations to both couples!
I want to thank you for visiting my blog and especially for your kind comments. In case you didn't read my replies, I was born in New Brunswick, NJ (that's where most of my relatives lived). My parents moved to Southern California when I was six.

NCmountainwoman said...

What great news! I hope the cousins will grow up almost like sisters. things are good in our family with all of us watching our granddaughter learn something new every day.

Connie said...

What wonderful family photos and celebrations! You'll have more celebrations too when the little ones are born.