Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2019

We Were Hopeful — Were You?

WOW ! someone in Wisconsin is VERY happy this morning !
That's because according to the news, there was a single, as yet undisclosed, winner.

Since we live in NH, we knew it wasn't us, and so did a lot of other folks who were wondering if their lottery ticket would be in the running for the BIG prize $.

The top prize was $768.4 million — third largest lottery win in U.S. history. Many folks bought tickets later; projected top prize was $750M when we bought ours late yesterday.
Can you imagine a lump sum payout of $477 million ? 
We can't.

But it didn't deter us from investing in a single $2 ticket. 
That's because as it's often said, "You've got to be in it to win it."
SO, we were in it and didn't match a single winning number for our 1-ticket investment.
And, that also means we don't have any major financial decisions to make today. 

Except later, when we invest a larger $4 amount for a weekly dominoes game at the senior center. There's no prize money, just fun and conversation, amidst some lively competition. (We play with some seriously competitive folks.)

We won't know how to begin spending all that lottery $. 
That said, we sure would've had a lot of fun trying.

How about you — ever bought a lottery ticket(s) ?

13 comments:

Kathy said...

No, I never buy lottery tickets. I feel it is a waste of money. Besides which it is gambling which I never do. It would be good to earn that kind of money, though. I know exactly what I would do with a million dollars. But $400 million is way more than I could imagine!

Annsterw said...

I am happy to say that I once bought a five dollar ticket and won $777!!! I gave the lottery girl that cashed it for me a $20 tip so I walked away with $757. I was SOOOOO excited until it came time to pay taxes! HA! I woudl lose my mind if I won $1 million let alone $400 million!!!!!! WOW! Annster's Domain

Linda said...

I have never bought a lottery ticket before. My sister, Nita, told me yesterday that she went in with the people at her work and bought one. I guess she didn’t win or I would have heard, right? Maybe I should send her a text and ask!

Emma Springfield said...

I won $12 and was thrilled. I could have used the big winner though.

William Kendall said...

You'd have to disappear if you won, because people would end up coming out of the woodwork.

Nil @ The Little House by the Lake said...

Hehee I too bought a ticket. I've won small amounts, but nothing over $20. :)

DUTA said...

I've greatly enjoyed reading your post. The humor in it made me smile, and that's good.
I don't buy lottery tickets, but there was a short period in my life when I did buy, and only once won a small sum of money.

Connie said...

We heard it was going to be a big payout and meant to buy a ticket, but then we forgot. So, of course, no win for us!

mamasmercantile said...

No I haven't ever bought a lottery ticket but I often wonder what I would do with a large sum of money like that. It would be nice to ensure my family were all financially sound.

Anvilcloud said...

Sometimes but seldom.

DeniseinVA said...

Better luck next time :) My Friends and I invest in a ticket whe we get together, just for the fun of it.

Bill said...

I might play a few times a year. We have EuroMillions and Daily Millions which has two drawings a day.

baili said...

we never bought lottery tickets dear Dorothy!

yes it is fun trying it ,why not :)

best wishes for next try my dear Friend!
hugs!