Pages

Friday, March 8, 2019

Friday Funnies

Last month, a Friday Funnies post showed retail candy displays were hoppin' down the bunny trail weeks ahead ahead of Easter (April 21). I'll 'fess up that these sweet treats remain a personal favorite.

This week, a local store had displays of the "traditional"  Peeps® marshmallow treats in the familiar yellow and now multi-colored chicks, and bunnies 

There were some new choices, colors and flavors as well.

Does this make you think of summertime fun?



How about Peeps® for breakfast ?
A couple of sweet ways to start the holiday — or maybe not. I'm sure our grandchildren will find some marshmallow treats in their Easter baskets, and maybe yours as well?

Enjoy Your weekend, Everyone.
(Hope it's a sweet one in many ways)

15 comments:

MadSnapper said...

what will they think of next?

Valerie said...

Oooh don't mention pancakes, I would only start drooling.
Here in UK we are getting fewer displays of sweet goodies as many shops are closing down. It's a big worry for us, I mean online shopping doesn't offer the same temptations as does a confectioners window.

Emma Springfield said...

I was never fond of Peeps but I will eat one at Easter. They are soooooooooo sweet.

NCmountainwoman said...

That is sooooo wrong! Peeps are little yellow marshmallow chicks and the others are just not right. What next? Vanilla Oreos? Oh, never mind.

William Kendall said...

Admittedly I don't like peeps.

Christina said...

I rather fancy trying one of those yellow marshmallow chicks! Not a sweet that is sold here, or at least I have never seen them. There is a sweets shop in town that sells American confectionary only, I might pop in one day for a bit of a different treat.

Red said...

First saw a Peeps brand in the store today and now on your blog.

Nil @ The Little House by the Lake said...

I don't like sweets very much. So I never even notice them at the store. :)

I hope you have a relaxing weekend Beatrice.

mamasmercantile said...

Not a sweet treat that I have come across here. Quite a novelty.

DUTA said...

There are so many sweet temptations in the stores! We have italian made desserts in ours that are very hard to resist to, especially that the prices are quite affordable.

Kathy said...

I am a Peeps fanatic and love all shapes, sizes and flavors. You have shown me some I didn't know about. I have to get to the store and find them. Love those Peeps!

DeniseinVA said...

I have never seen the other varieties and will have to pay special attention this year.

Connie said...

I'm not a big fan of peeps, but I might try the pancakes and syrup one just out of curiosity.

baili said...

these treats look interestingly appealing dear Cathy!

L. D. said...

I love peeps but won’[t buy them as I would eat them all and be so out of control. I am pretty bad around marshmallows in generate.