Easy meals have been on the dinner menu at The Frog & PenguINN the past couple of weeks. Grenville and I have been spending lots of time outdoors (and indoors) working on yard sprucing and minor repairs. That’s WHY easy was our favorite word for mean planning.
Since we eat a lot of chicken and fish, new recipes are always welcome, especially ones that call for ingredients on hand. This one used everything I already had available: lemons, rosemary, garlic cloves and chicken breasts — and it was very easy too.
Lemon-Rosemary-Garlic Roast Chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 TBSP fresh rosemary leaves, stripped from stems
- 3 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 TBSP grill seasoning blend (Montreal Seasoning) OR coarse ground salt and black pepper (my choice)
- 1/2 C dry white wine OR chicken broth
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Arrange chicken in a 9 by 13-inch baking dish.
- Add garlic, rosemary, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon zest and grill seasoning or salt and pepper to the dish.
- Toss and coat chicken with all ingredients, then place in oven; roast 20 minutes.
- Add wine and lemon juice to dish and combine with pan juices. Return to oven and turn oven off. Let stand 5 minutes longer then remove chicken from the oven.
- Place baking dish on trivet and serve, spoon pan juices over chicken pieces.
Rather than side dishes of rice and veggies, we enjoyed the chicken over a bed of spinach and greens.
Easy cooking (my favorite kind) — delicious and healthy too.