Pages

Friday, August 23, 2024

Friday Funnies

Sometimes, even more than prayer is needed to save.
That certainly applies to this structure which was taken many years ago when we lived on the VA eastern shore. 

In reply to a blogger's ?s This was a random "photo opp" with no clues about church, its attendees or the denomination There was nothing in the area to suggest how long ago it had been used before abandoned to the elements.
It wasn't unusual for buildings to be just "let go" to the ravages of nature and time. I'm not sure how long this one had been abandoned and, most likely, it eventually collapsed.

Thanks to all for the anniversary congratulations and well wishes. All were read and appreciated. We had a week-long celebration which will be the subject of a future post. It did not include a road trip !

Enjoy Your Weekend, Everyone
No special plans for us, other than to get out & enjoy cooler temps

18 comments:

nick said...

Intriguing that it used to be a house of prayer. Did the worshippers abandon it for some reason? Did they decide to attend a proper church instead of a woodland shack?

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Nature will reclaim its own and all the prayers in the world will not stop it.

Tom said...

...celebrate each and every day!

gigi-hawaii said...

What a beautiful church! I can imagine it as being a popular one back then.

MadSnapper said...

I like the name House of Worship better than Church. it is sad to see and is probably gone by now

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my goodness, what a find!! It must have been a sweet little church at one time. Perhaps built by people who did not have much, as no steeple, and so tiny. But as the bible says.."Where two or three are gathered together", He is there.

photowannabe said...

I would have photographed this church too. Its sad its abandoned and returned to nature but oh what a photo op.
I'm so glad you had a wonderful celebration and can't wait to hear your further adventures.
Enjoy your weekend too.
Sue

Sandra said...

I bet your time away is filled with good stories. There is a sort of beauty in nature reclaiming itself.

Anvilcloud said...

Stories from the past. We just aren't sure what exactly they all were.

kathyinozarks said...

Happy weekend

My name is Erika. said...

I think this is a great old photo, not at all funny unless you look at it with a sarcastic eye. I'm glad it's in black and white because it makes it much more dramatic. Enjoy your weekend!

Sandi said...

Big smile, Ginny! I like what you said.

tz_garden said...

Yes, I would've been drawn to snap a picture. I like that you've done black/white. Enjoy your weekend :)

Rita said...

It is beautiful, though.

Bijoux said...

Wow. I bet it’s 100 years old. I wonder when it became abandoned?

Nil @ The Little House by the Lake said...

Whenever I see old, abandoned buildings, I have this wierd desire to go in and look around. 😁

Eggs In My Pocket said...

I love abandoned old houses and building. I always wonder about the people who lived in them. Wishing you a fun trip!

DeniseinVA said...

A challenging fixer upper ;)