Pages

Friday, August 2, 2024

Friday Funnies

Last weekend, we attended the mostly British sports car show posted about earlier this week. Many car owners had their own distinctive vanity plates. Here's some seen at the show.
The last plate above was on an Aston Martin and in reference to the Q, a character in the James Bond novels and films. Q is the head of Q Branch, the fictional R&D (research and development) division of the British Secret Service charged with overseeing top secret field technologies. Q was a job title and not a name. 
The top license plate was on a Red Land Rover. The second was on a Jaguar.
These  plates provided both the car model and year; a 1966 Triumph and 1963 MGB
The owner of the first car and the owner of the second one shared different ownership thoughts on their plates.
This first plate above showed another interest of the car owner. I'm not sure whether the second plate showed a model number of that the owner thought the car was "great." 
Can you imagine driving about in this vintage Rolls Royce with the GoAroun plate?
If a Rolls is too large, then consider this smaller called named BabyLou.

Want to be sure you'll get the perfect Christmas gift? Buy it yourself as this car owner did. 

Enjoy Your Weekend, Everyone
Here's the weekend forecast here in Nashua, NH

25 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Cor blimey, they all look good!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Those were really cute plates. I love it how people come up with these things! Would love to have seen the cars that went with them! That last one is a real cool car for sure! Sounds like a fun time. Your weather looks similar to ours actually, but our lowest low will be 73 and our highest high will be 95. I'd love to see a 69 temp. come our way! It won't be long...I hope. Have a lovely weekend!

MadSnapper said...

I vote for buying my own gifts.. I rarely like what others give me, since most of us buy what we love,not what others love.. that is some car for Christmas. I tried to think what I would put on a vanity plate, can't think of anything, but it would not be so sweet. ha ha

Tom said...

...I'm not sure that I can be good enough to get that Christmas gift.

Barbara Rogers said...

Thanks for the chuckles this morning with these vanity plates. All over the place, I'd say. And beautiful vehicles too!

Barbara Rogers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
gigi-hawaii said...

Interesting plates, but I especially like that yellow car.

Jeanie said...

You find the most clever plates!

Anvilcloud said...

The vanity plates are the dressing on an already expensive hobby.

Marcia said...

Saw a plate recently that neither of us could decipher. Can't even recall what it was now.

People do have fun with their plates.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

That last one looks like a Lotus Elise. Believe it or not their HQ is in rural Norfolk, not too far from me, in the midst of agricultural land.

Rita said...

Enjoyed the plates. I don't always understand them, but they're always intersting and sometimes make me laugh. :)

Marie Smith said...

That Rolls is quite something! I’m not having much luck finding vanity plates! You found some good ones! Have a great weekend.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The last yellow car is so unusual! It has like windows in the trunk door! I love the plates! I think my favorite is "Blimy", it made me smile.

Emma Springfield said...

People are so clever when choosing their vanity plates. Thanks for sharing.

Sandra said...

You see lots of these plates. They don't seem to be popular here, or I'm looking in the wrong place!

Sandy said...

Fun and interesting. Love blimey!
Sandy's Space

photowannabe said...

Oh, I love all of these vanity plates.
Some I have to say out loud over and over to get them.
what a fun car show.
Sue

My name is Erika. said...

I love decoding license plates when I see them on the road, you have some fun ones here. Hope your weekend is off to a good start. hugs-Erika

Lee said...

A very interesting post, Beatrice filled with very interesting number plates. Back in the early 80s I owned an old 1959 MG Magnette. It was in excellent condition....polished timber dashboard and leather upholstery. The body was black and grey. I loved that car. And, was very sad when I sold it just prior to my going up to manage the resort on Hinchinbrook Island.

Veronica Lee said...

Such a fun post, Dorothy!
People have such clever ideas when it comes to choosing their vanity plates.

Carola Bartz said...

Blimey! Such a great British word.

David said...

Hi Beatrice, Loved the collection of vanity plates. That little blue car looked like a Morris Minor...a car that my mother had back in the 1960's. Love old cars! We've been to many auto museums/car collections...from Roanoke to Cleveland, Miami to St. Louis and from Nashville to Dearborn...as well as 2 collections in Alberta Canada. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Some people are so clever!

DeniseinVA said...

I love all those license plates, so imaginative! I also loved the old classics, especially the mini which was the first car I ever bought back in my youth.