Pages

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Blogger Update

First, the blogger update in the title refers to a person and not the platform.

In early June,  a post about visiting PA family and meeting the newest family grand puppy (French bulldog Gracie) also included this paragraph about a fellow blogger, Jon, in TN who had been going through some tough times and was hospitalized. 

Bloggers become friends through online sharing, some we may be fortunate to meet, most will remain online connections. Like myself, many of you are also concerned when learning that something, joyful or sorrowful, has happened in their lives. Blogger Jon of Lone Wolf Concerto) posted this week that he's hospitalized in the intensive care unit of a TN medical facility. While I'm unsure of specific details, hopefully he would appreciate recovery well wishes from fellow bloggers, also your prayers if you are so inclined. (FYI, Jon's posts may be a bit more direct than some others, just saying.)

He's still hospitalized and has been undergoing chemo plus radiation treatments. Those who have undergone or know those who have done the same know how brutal these can be physically, mentally and emotionally. 

When possible, Jon has posted a few recent updates and mentioned that he had received cards from myself and another blogger. He also included the medical center's address and his room number, which leads me to suspect that he would welcome cards or notes of encouragement from others.

For those of you who might be inclined to do so, here's his name & mailing address:

Jon Varga, Room 604
Cookeville Medical Center
1 Medical Center Blvd
Cookeville, TN 38501 

It's true that U.S. postage has gone up (1st class letters, 66 cents) but $1 store cards are inexpensive. It's a relatively small cost to send someone encouragement and support if anyone wants to do so. (My second one was mailed today.)

13 comments:

Sandra said...

This is really good of you. I don't know him but I'm not sure that matters. Even from an unknown blogger, a card can be appreciated.

Boud said...

I agree, I don't know him but a card will remind him he's part of a big community. So I'll create one. Thanks for the chance to do it.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Thank you. I will add Jon to my card list.

photowannabe said...

Thank you for your kindness and I will get a card in the mail today.
I don't know him either but will take a look at his blog too.
Sue

Liz Hinds said...

How kind.

Rita said...

Yes, I am sure he would appreciate the cards.
He's had a long haul already, but it sounds like he's in good hands now. We wish him the best. :)

Bijoux said...

It’s been awhile since I’ve read his blog, but I will send him my best wishes. Thanks for letting us know.

David said...

Beatrice, Great idea! We had dinner in Cookeville yesterday on our way home from Nebraska. We'll send out a card for Jon tomorrow. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

MadSnapper said...

thank you for the information. Prayers for Jon going up

Barbara Rogers said...

Having suddenly lost a blog friend last week, I do appreciate how this community has knit itself into friendships. I certainly can send a card to one whom I've never read his blog...but know he also depends on the kindness of strangers like we all do!

Lady Caer Morganna said...

Thank you for giving us Jon's address. I will be mailing mine out this weekend!

William Kendall said...

That is good of you to do.

DeniseinVA said...

So sorry to learn about Jon and wishing him much love and prayers. I would like to send him a card but I am late reading this. Is he still in the hospital? Thanks for letting us know. Reminds me yet again how much of a family we are in the blogging world.