Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2020

Thanks to All

Everyone, for all the birthday 🎂 well wishes, which were read and very much appreciated. While there was no big celebration on my actual special day, we will be doing something special which I'll share all about that in a future blog post. (Hint: it has something to do with a blog break I'm taking next week.)

My birthday blog post related the story of Saint Blaise and that he is known for the blessing of the throats sacramental observed in the Roman Catholic Church and other religions. His feast day and my birthday are celebrated on the same day.

In my parochial school days, the blessing was a regular event. However, in the years since, my observance has sadly lapsed. This year, I planned to go to a local RC Church for the blessing.

Sadly, the church was like some restaurants and bakeries in that it was closed on Monday and not even a daily mass celebrated. My brother later told me that his church did the blessing during the Sunday services on Feb 2. 

Next year I'll plan ahead.

11 comments:

Valerie said...

I didn't know churches closed. I must check with ours to see what they do.
So pleased your birthday was a good day for you.

Linda said...

I’m so sorry I missed your birthday! Going back now to read your Birthday Post!

Emma Springfield said...

I'm so happy you had all those kind wishes. You deserve them.

Edna B said...

Seems to me, churches started closing quite some time ago. It's sad. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

You sound a little like me in mot going to Church offten, I stopped when my Mother died. Many happy retuns even if it is belated. You asked where I worked well here is a lik to the blog I wrote
https://spuduka.blogspot.com/2019/12/diamond-light-source.html
If you want to learn more the ling at the begining of the blog shows how the place was built in Four parts

baili said...

oh sorry for church closed Dorothy !

you deserve best wishes !

wishing you a bessed day ahead!

Connie said...

It is always sad to hear that a church has closed.

mamasmercantile said...

Thrilled that you had a good day, belated birthday wishes.

Christina said...

I missed your birthday post, I am sorry. Happy belated Birthday!

TARYTERRE said...

sounds sad that this place had closed. happy belated birthday. hope you had a good day.

William Kendall said...

Alas on the timing!