Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Comments Restricted?

Question: has anyone ever received this message when trying to post a comment on a blog? 

⚠️ Comments on this blog are restricted to team members.

Not sure what this means as it hasn't happened before. This happened yesterday, after I left a comment on blogger Valerie's latest post on A Mixed Bag. Subsequently, I visited other blogs and was able to leave comments. If you are reading this post, Valerie, it was so good to find you back in blog-land . Hopefully the radiator, rug and back issues will be sorted out soon. 

Valerie is in the United Kingdom. I hope it's not some sort of backlash for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex stepping down from royal duties. (Written with tongue in cheek.) If you are reading this post, Valerie, just wanted you to know it was so good to find you back

This is only the latest blogger issue. I still have unresolved and recurring issues in that Blogger loses header info when using the Safari browser. These are the ones at the top left of the home blog page at the top right and needed to sign in and comment on blogs: 
email address  New Post  Design  Sign Out

As a workaround, I've been using the Firefox browser to read blogs and to start a new post, is then be completed in Safari. Despite not being able to sign in with Safari, edits are possible even when a post has been set up in Firefox. The reason for not completing the posts using Firefox is that they (always) loose formatting when viewed in Safari.

Just wondering — Have any other fellow bloggers had similar issues?

19 comments:

Nil @ The Little House by the Lake said...

I don’t think I’ve seen that message.

I went to Valerie’s blog, and the message box was there. I didn’t leave one though.
Blogger does weird things sometimes.

Valerie said...

Heehee, I feel quite famous, but fame only comes when good blogging friends help out in emergencies. I don't know how my instructions for blog usage got shifted about.

gigi-hawaii said...

I use WordPress for my blog posts and have had absolutely no problems with it. To leave comments on blogs that use blogspot, I use my Google account. My browser is Microsoft Edge.

MadSnapper said...

that means she has set it up either on purpose or by accident for only team members. she may have clicked on the wrong thing, there is an option to pick who can comment . I have never used Safari, use EDGE 90 percent of time Chrome the other and Firefox for back up. I have four browsers but like Edge best

TARYTERRE said...

i've had none of the problems you had. i am happy you were finally able to access your friend.

The Liberty Belle said...

I haven't had that experience but I hope it all gets sorted out for you. Have a great weekend.

Emma Springfield said...

Too many problems. Luckily I have not encountered any of them.

Edna B said...

I haven't found that message, but I have encountered other problems with blogger. Like erasing my whole post or comment, changing format on some things, removing my photos from the top of my blog, etc. I'm learning to live with it. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

Jon said...

I've never heard of blog comments being restricted to team members. That's strange. Today I was able to leave a comment on Valerie's blog, so everything seems to be back to "normal"

Blogger has a mind of its own and sometimes behaves badly. I never used Safari. I use Firefox and Bing.

LL Cool Joe said...

I couldn't comment either and live in the UK too, but I blame Harry and Meghan, I mean they are getting blamed for everything else so why not Valerie's blog too! :D

Valerie said...

Heehee I have excused Harry and Megan for the trauma of the last few weeks.
Valerie
vdnewaddy@gmail.com

Anvilcloud said...

I'm a Chrome user and can report no difficulties.

Lois Evensen said...

I've seen the message on blogs and have a friend who has done it because she got so much spam. We have email correspondence so I can comment directly to you. Most of her blogs are recipes.

It has nothing to do with you, the reader. The blog owner has set comments that way. Instead of doing that, the blog owner can set comments to be approved by the owner before posting which is what most of us do.

Bill said...

I use chrome and have had no problems, yet. :)

baili said...

a week back when i tried to comment on" Christine's blog" exactly same thing happened to me dear Dorothy

but later when i visit her back next day i could left comment ,this is weird and i don't know what is causing such problem
glad you shared this my friend!
hugs!

Connie said...

I got that message earlier today and was unable to comment on that particular blog. I don't know what caused it.

Buttercup said...

I've had a number of times when Blogger acted up, but generally with my new computer -- two months old -- all is well. I'm using Chrome and it seems to be fine.

diane b said...

Yes I have problems too. Since Safari upgraded I have lost the links on the nav bar. But I use chrome for blogger and it works fine.

William Kendall said...

I haven't had that issue.