Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Stuff,,, part,,,,,I'm not sure anymore!!!!

I know we’ve talked about STUFF before but as we start downsizing and getting ready to ‘stage’ the house before putting the For Sale sign out, we are learning about the evolution of STUFF. 

Some of you may remember that occasionally we have told about being invaded by ‘Card Fairies’. Now if that wasn’t dangerous enough, having to watch out for random greeting cards showing up, we just learned that Card Fairies are direct cousins to House Elves. And you thought only Harry Potter was plagued with them…. NO,,, NO,,,NO…., And since Card Fairies seldom remember to close doors or windows after themselves, the House elves have been sneaking in over the years. But they don’t show up alone,,,,,,, they bring their pets, Dust Bunnies.  Those cute fluffy little critters that hide under your bed and behind heavy furniture. And of course they bring STUFF. BUT that isn’t the worst part,,,, they leave this stuff behind when they go. Yes, it’s all true…. Even their pets are left behind. You don’t think they got there by themselves do you?????

Now I know you are all horrified at this revelation, but there is more. These devious House Elves go around teaching math to your stuffed toy critters. Yes, before the House Elves showed up not one of our stuffed toy critters knew how to multiply, let alone be fruitful…. Now they are all over the place.

Poor Beatrice has been chasing them down since we got back. She has found them everywhere. On shelves, in baskets, lurking over doorways, literally everywhere.


WARNING!!!!!! DO NOT BELIEVE ANY OF THIS!!!!!!! GRENVILLE IS HALLUCIATING AFTER INHALING TOO MUCH VICKS!!!!!! WE ONLY EXIST IN HIS MIND….. FRAGMENTS OF HIS IMAGINATION…. WE ARE PUTTING HIM ON THE COUCH FOR HIS NAP NOW… YOU WILL FORGET YOU EVER READ THIS,,,, YOUR EYES ARE GETTING HEAVY,,, YOU ARE FORGETTING!!!!!! FORGETTING!!!!!!!

14 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Yep. Definitely the drugs.... :\

Anonymous said...

So that's where the dust bunnies comes from :-) :-) :-) But we call them dust rats over here :-)

To muc vicks may smell nice but it goes straight to the brain :-) Better take a long nap then :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.

Carole Barkett said...

Love it, you need to turn the first part of that story into a book. I'll never see dust bunnies the same :O)

Connie said...

Haha! It does look like the stuffed toys are taking over there. I hope they don't stage a revolt! We have lots of clutter being fruitful and multiplying here. :-)

Elaine said...

Amazing how stuff multiplies. There's nothing quite like trying to clean up to put your house up for sale or moving that makes you realize just how much you've accumulated, most of which is totally unessential to your existence. Good cover story, Grenville, for your desire to take an afternoon nap!

L. D. said...

Yep, the stuff just reproduces. I am glad you shared that as I wasn't certain that it was me out of control. Ah Vicks, I hate that stuff. I hope he survives it.

(GBS) NewsFromTheHill said...

Lucky you!! Since the movers often charge by the pound, I'd say you've got it made with cards and fluffies!
I had multiplying books!! Ouch it hurt to move!

Grace

Anonymous said...

Oh MY Goodness!!!!!! I just came to and realized that the critters hypnotized me.... AND finished my post. But not truthfully!!!!
The decision of what to move and what not to is getting problematic, but that is a whole 'nother post.
Grenville

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I have spent the entire afternoon trying to pull up my comments. I click on "comment" below expecting them to show up as usual..and nothing happens. Are you having a problem like that? I found my comments another way. Has something changed on blogger?

Thanks so much for stopping by..and you are so right. But..I promised myself that I didn't need one more thing to decorate with..and I am keeping that promise.
Um..I just want to add that I cannot be hypnotized! Not sure why, butzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anvilcloud said...

Stuff does seem to multiply in an almost supernatural way.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Yep, I've hear Vicks 'ill do that to a body! Heeehehehe!!!

God bless and have a fantastic day!!!

Anonymous said...

That Vicks is powerful stuff! Cute post.

Cicero Sings said...

Love it! Mingus sure would love some of those stuffies right enough. Too bad you are SO far away or we could collect!!!! Amazing how stuff does multiply though. I've plenty of my own and I think I have a pretty air tight house!!!!

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

So that explains why my grandmom walked around with one of those vicks tubes stuck up her nose, she got high from the fumes!

This is a cute post and one I missed. I pray the sale of the house will go smoothly and swift.