Friday, September 4, 2026

Blog Commenting, Not

Fellow bloggers, it seems there is some sort of glitch going on in blogger. Comments are not publishing.

UPDATE: As of this morning, I have been able to leave comments, so it seems that this universal issue has been resolved. — at least for now.

Earlier today, I tried leaving comments on many blogs, only to have the Publishing button stay on and on and no results. A comment simply would not publish. So, while I have read your recent posts, there's no way to comment.

I read that other bloggers had expressed the same frustration.

A fellow blogger (Kathy) stated in a blog post that she had this issue in the past. She said she went through several new blogs, but would not recommend doing this. Not only did it not help, but you would lose your main blog.

This is the first time that this issue has presented itself for myself being unable to publish a blog comment. Similarly, any reply to a previous comment also will not publish.

So, after doing an online search, AI came back with this statement:

If your Blogger comments are not publishing as of September 4, 2026, this is a known technical hurdle that frequently occurs due to recent browser security upgrades, cookie policies, or specific dashboard configurations. No widespread global server outage is currently reported for Google's platform.

One of the suggested fixes was to in your browser settings (Chrome, Firefox, or Safari), turn off Enhanced Tracking Protection for your blog site, or explicitly add blogger.com to your browser's cookie "Allow" whitelist. 

My browser is Safari and I do have Enhanced Tracking Protection turned on and it will remain that way. Also, an online checked came back that Safari does not have a built-in allowed cookie whitelist that lets you block all cookies by default while permitting specific websites.

Fellow blogger, Kathy, reported going through this issue for weeks and through an online search found that Google no longer supports this platform.

Doing another online search, I queried whether blogger is still supported with these results:

Yes, Google Blogger still exists and remains active. You can still sign in, create new blogs on blogspot.com subdomains, and manage old posts using a Google account. While it is rarely used for major new marketing campaigns or high-end commercial projects, hobbyists and personal diarists still use it. It receives very few modern updates compared to competitors like WordPress or Substack, leaving its interface and SEO tools feeling dated.

Google Blogger is largely outdated and rarely chosen for new professional projects, though it remains functional for basic, personal hobby sites.

WordPress.org remains the best overall blogging platform in 2026 because it offers complete ownership, unmatched customization, and superior search engine optimization (SEO) capabilities. 

Also, I found this question (dated April 2026) on a blogger community help platform:

I regularly publish posts on a weekly basis and currently have over 100 posts on Blogger (Blogspot). I wanted to know if there is any possibility that the Blogspot platform might be shut down in the future, even if not immediately.

And, this answer from a Diamond Product expert:
 
Sometimes between today and the heat death of the Universe, Blogger will surely shut down. Google has not announced plans to do so before then. It's still a good idea to back up your blog regularly.

Finally, I did a check on many blogs listed on my sidebar, most comments on these blogs were left a day or so before today, September 4.

Just wondering how many other fellow bloggers have noticed this no comment issue. 

Of course, I realize that you will not be able to comment below, so perhaps can do so in your own blog post. 

Hopefully, this is a temporary glitch, but who knows?

19 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

They do seem to have one problem after another, don’t they?

Kathylorraine said...

My friend Linda messaged me that comments were working again-I woke up really early this morning and tried it and so far so good-you found more information about google than I had when I was searching before. I checked word press but it cost money and I was never enthused by their site change is always hard too as we get older at lest for me it seems. I am finding out most do not like Instagram-it is different but I did learn from a Missouri friend that suggested better to have your page there private-otherwise you will be bombarded with spam and people you don't want to know-and she was right. I usually scroll there as I have things set for what I want to see-like art and crafts, nature etc I block out what I don't want to see like politics etc

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Thankfully comments are publising again this morning, so that is a relief. I really wouldn't want to change to a different blogging site at this point in the game...it seems as though my whole life is on my blog and I would be very unhappy to lose it. I'm not sure how to back it up regularly. What do you do to back yours up? I used to transfer my posts to a flash drive, but that became tiresome and I haven't done it in a long time. I would like to know what others do to back theirs up. Thank you for all the research you did. I just pray it doesn't suddenly go away. Have a lovely day.

Anvilcloud said...

I still read blogs. I tried to comment sporadically, just to check. I saw that comments wertr back on late Friday night ]because I received a few. I figured that it would be temporary.

Tom said...

...what a relief, it wasn't just me.

Sandra said...

I was able to comment yesterday morning but I didn’t try later in the day. I’ve been reading it was a site wide problem. I would be very sad to lose this platform.

baili said...

you nailed it greatly and on the meantime dear friend Dorothy !
yes i faced this issue on the same date and it was frustrating no doubt .eventually i thought it must be a timely glitch and will work next day .And it did thankfully !
departure are painful even if it is blog or blog friends :(((
i hope it does not happen in my life time because i truly like being connected to blog friends as community :)
right now my comment is not being written in straight line but vertical ,another glitch maybe :(
i learned many things today through your sharing and research my friend an di am very much thankful for that .i don't know sadly how to back up my blog ,i will see
hugs and love and prayers

mimmylynn said...

Problems like this arise from time to time. Sometimes a reset of the computer works. Most of the time we just have to wait for the glitch to stop glitching.

photowannabe said...

I'm so glad that we are back in business as of Sat. am.
It was so frustrating.
Sue

Bijoux said...

I was not able to comment on one blog two days ago. It was a longer comment, so I was indeed frustrated!

Veronica Lee said...

I ran into the same issue and thought it was just my browser acting up. Glad to see it wasn’t only me! Blogger glitches seem to come and go, but it’s always a relief when things start working again.

Christina said...

I had the same issue, no comments were published. This seems to work now. I‘ve been considering moving my blog over to a different platform but so far, I‘ve not had enough motivation to look into it with more purpose. Might get cracking now, it is not a great platform (but does the job, mostly).

My name is Erika. said...

I'm glad blogger is letting us comment again and the problem only lasted 1 day. and at least it was happening to everyone, so I didn't have to worry it was something on my end. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. hugs-Erika

Michelle said...

Blogger is problematic, but I have been with it so long I don't want to change platforms!

Steve Reed said...

Fortunately the commenting thing seems to have sorted itself out. (Or someone sorted it out, I suppose.)

I kind of laughed at the person worried about their 100 blog posts. I've posted 6,792 posts as of today and I would be very sorry to lose them! As the commenter said, it's always wise to back things up.

Lisca said...

Thank you for your comment and looking into this glitch. I have learned something again.
I must admit it is the very first time that I have had issues. (I couldn't comment either), but all is well again.
I also use Safari . I find it gives me very few problems usually.
I hope I can continue to use Blogger because as an 'older lady' I wish I had a fourteen year old with me (But alas, my grandchildren live far away).
Lisca

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, not being able to comment caused a problem for most of us!
Thankfully it seems things are back to normal.

Have a good week.

All the best Jan

Barbara Rogers said...

I'm also interested to know how anyone backs up a blog...

DeniseinVA said...

A lot of good tips here. Thank you! I am thankful that this issue has been resolved.