Friday, September 4, 2026

Blog Commenting, Not

Fellow bloggers, it seems there is some sort of glitch going on in blogger. Comments are not publishing.

Earlier today, I tried leaving comments on many blogs, only to have the Publishing button stay on and on and no results. A comment simply would not publish. So, while I have read your recent posts, there's no way to comment.

I read that other bloggers had expressed the same frustration.

A fellow blogger (Kathy) stated in a blog post that she had this issue in the past. She said she went through several new blogs, but would not recommend doing this. Not only did it not help, but you would lose your main blog.

This is the first time that this issue has presented itself for myself being unable to publish a blog comment. Similarly, any reply to a previous comment also will not publish.

So, after doing an online search, AI came back with this statement:

If your Blogger comments are not publishing as of September 4, 2026, this is a known technical hurdle that frequently occurs due to recent browser security upgrades, cookie policies, or specific dashboard configurations. No widespread global server outage is currently reported for Google's platform.

One of the suggested fixes was to in your browser settings (Chrome, Firefox, or Safari), turn off Enhanced Tracking Protection for your blog site, or explicitly add blogger.com to your browser's cookie "Allow" whitelist. 

My browser is Safari and I do have Enhanced Tracking Protection turned on and it will remain that way. Also, an online checked came back that Safari does not have a built-in allowed cookie whitelist that lets you block all cookies by default while permitting specific websites.

Fellow blogger, Kathy, reported going through this issue for weeks and through an online search found that Google no longer supports this platform.

Doing another online search, I queried whether blogger is still supported with these results:

Yes, Google Blogger still exists and remains active. You can still sign in, create new blogs on blogspot.com subdomains, and manage old posts using a Google account. While it is rarely used for major new marketing campaigns or high-end commercial projects, hobbyists and personal diarists still use it. It receives very few modern updates compared to competitors like WordPress or Substack, leaving its interface and SEO tools feeling dated.

Google Blogger is largely outdated and rarely chosen for new professional projects, though it remains functional for basic, personal hobby sites.

WordPress.org remains the best overall blogging platform in 2026 because it offers complete ownership, unmatched customization, and superior search engine optimization (SEO) capabilities. 

Also, I found this question (dated April 2026) on a blogger community help platform:

I regularly publish posts on a weekly basis and currently have over 100 posts on Blogger (Blogspot). I wanted to know if there is any possibility that the Blogspot platform might be shut down in the future, even if not immediately.

And, this answer from a Diamond Product expert:
 
Sometimes between today and the heat death of the Universe, Blogger will surely shut down. Google has not announced plans to do so before then. It's still a good idea to back up your blog regularly.

Finally, I did a check on many blogs listed on my sidebar, most comments on these blogs were left a day or so before today, September 4.

Just wondering how many other fellow bloggers have noticed this no comment issue. 

Of course, I realize that you will not be able to comment below, so perhaps can do so in your own blog post. 

Hopefully, this is a temporary glitch, but who knows?

No comments: