Friday, July 17, 2026

Friday Funnies

This is the Lexington, a custom-designed 75-foot two-level paddle wheel boat operated by the Charles River Boat Company in Boston. 
It provides passenger cruises in Boston harbor and was especially popular this past week with the tall ships docked in the harbor. A properly loaded and balanced boat sits relatively flat on the water like in the above photo.
But, when it lists as seen above, it could mean that uneven weight distribution is the cause. In the above photo, passengers were probably gathering to one side as it passed by the tall ships. Apparently, this listing is common as there have been no reported capsizes and the Lexington has safely cruised Boston Harbor for years.

Enjoy Your Weekend, Everyone
It's going to be a quiet one in Nashua, NH.

18 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

It occurs to me that my comment yesterday may have sounded snarkier than intended. 🤓

Tom said...

...I'm reminded of, "Tip a Canoe and Tyler Too."

My name is Erika. said...

I've never seen nor have heard of the Lexington. It doesn't quite look like Boston. Your an even see all the people on the port side. Happy Friday. hugs-Erika

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Really, AC?

Sandra said...

That looks precarious.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful boat, the leaning is scary!
May

Jeanie said...

That would be a little creepy! At least it's close to shore!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh my! I think the boat captain should have warned them to take turns going to the side, rather than all going at once! I hope they had their life jackets on! LOL. Glad nothing "flipped over".

Ginny Hartzler said...

It really is a gorgeous boat. And what a timely post. There was just an accident like this, and many people were hurt or died. Ironically enough, they were on the boat for a funeral of spreading ashes.

MARY G said...

Yikes. I hope the crew knows to the last skinny kid what that thing will tolerate.

Michelle said...

It would make me uneasy to be on this boat!

Lowcarb team member said...

That does look rather precarious!

All the best Jan

Veronica Lee said...

Beautiful boat, but I’d be clutching the railing if I were on board. Happy Friday!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

you would think that the people ON the boat would realize it and some would give up the view to right the boat. Nope! looks like they were ready to swim with the tall ships. My first thought on photo #1 was this doesn't look like a boat in Boston. the boston in my head, because I have never been there

photowannabe said...

Wow, that listing would be a bit unnerving ...
Sue

baili said...

dear Dorothy ,boat looks elegant and majestic indeed
your description of how it sits and the way it causes disruption seemed concerning at first but you made it clear that no harm is done meanwhile

mimmylynn said...

It is a beautiful boat. I'll bet it was a great cruise.

nick said...

Yes, the listing looks a bit alarming but as you say there have been no reported capsizes.