Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Holiday Wreath Winners

Two earlier blog posts (Corked! and DIY Holiday Decos 2019) described how I made my first-ever holiday wreath. It served a dual purpose — to decorate our apt door and to use as an entry for the annual holiday wreath competition at the mill apts.

There was a total of 7 wreath entries; mine is no. 3. Here's a posted collage of all wreath entries, which is really a low number. (There's more than 325 apt residences here.)
Residents voted online and 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners received Visa gift cards from $100 to $25. The winners were posted online earlier today, see belowMy wreath came in 2nd place. 
Thanks for your votes of support, which (unfortunately) didn't count in the voting results. (Alas, only residents were allowed to vote. No tallies were provided with the voting results.)

This was a fun first craft experience. I'm already working on ideas for next holiday season.

11 comments:

Nil @ The Little House by the Lake said...

Congratulations Beatrice!

Merry Christmas to you and Grenville 🎄

Emma Springfield said...

Congratulations! You did a fabulous job.

Jon said...

I'm surprised that there were only seven entries out of all those residents. Your cork wreath was definitely the most creative. Congratulations on 2nd place.

MadSnapper said...

so happy for your 2nd place win... they are all beautiful and I know it was hard to vote which one they liked best. that is a small amount of wreathes for that many apartments. Merry Christmas

Kathy said...

Congratulations! Personally, I like your wreath best. Too bad there were only 7 entries. Maybe next year will be different.

Anvilcloud said...

Silver is good. I must admit that the clock one caught me eye.

L. D. said...

Second place is a great place to be. I thought it was first rate.

Buttercup said...

Your wreath looks great and I enjoyed seeing all of the entries. So pretty and creative. Thanks for including me on your blog list. I hope you will visit often in 2020. Happy, happy new year!

William Kendall said...

Good for you.

Connie said...

Congratulations!!

My name is Erika. said...

Your right, that is a low number of entries. But congrats to you. It certainly makes the chances of winning better with fewer wreaths. Hope you do something fun with your winnings. Hugs-Erika