Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

DIY Holiday Decos 2019

A previous post, Corked! described getting sucked into the DIY world of crafts for the purpose of creating a holiday wreath to enter in the annual competition at the mill apts. 

Thanks for your votes of support. No results to announce yet; voting doesn't start until the end of this week. I'm keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed to place in the top 3. Prizes are 1st, 2nd, 3rd) cash gift card awards. There are currently 5 entries.
Here's the wreath entry displayed on our apt door surrounded by some of last year's holiday greetings. Each year, I save cards received to be used for decorations the following year. Afterwards, they're discarded and replaced by cards from the current year.
Here's a few more of last year's cards displayed on the inside apt door. There was a definite bird theme to these greetings, especially male cardinals.
This pine cone tree is my second DIY project displayed outside our apt door. It was a very low-cost project. Pine cones and pine branches were collected from nearby Mine Falls Park. A cardboard A-frame was constructed and cones were hot glued to it; afterwards, the branches were stuck in between the cones. Styrofoam snowmen and cotton balls were purchased at a dollar store and glued onto pieces of recycled styrofoam. The glue gun and glue sticks had already been purchased for the cork wreath project.
Here's what's on the floor below the pine tree shelf, many are the same as last year. The penguin and frog are "standard" and joined by seasonal figures; Santa leaves after Christmas.
Here's an overview of the exterior apt holiday decos. There's a few more of last year's greetings interspersed with seasonal signage. It puts us in a holiday mood. 
Although we now live in an a mill apt vs. our former home ownership, this saying always holds true for us. 

How about you — Do you seasonally 🎄decorate your home ?

16 comments:

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Very nice, this year I made wooden hearts and stars to go on a Christmas tree we have outside. Got me thinking what to make for next now

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Christmas decorations. I haven't ever decorated, but I have always enjoyed the views!

MadSnapper said...

that tree is adorable! i like it a lot.. everything looks so festive and ready for the holiday.. my favorite 2 cards from last year are on the inside of your door. the owl Santa, center, 2nd row up from bottom, and the center card with 3 little birds middle of top row. tiny bird Santa. hope you win, your wreathe is beautiful

Nil @ The Little House by the Lake said...

Your home looks so festive! I love the decorations.

I don't do seasonal decorations. I'm too lazy. :)

Michelle said...

I always decorate but this year my outdoor decor has really taken a beating with our weather. Love seeing your decorations. They are very festive!

L. D. said...

The decorations look great. I like your snowman with his broom. Heavy competition going on in the apartment house. It must be fun to see everyone decorations.

Emma Springfield said...

You and your glue gun have become good friends. I know you decorate for most holidays so I predict many artistic halls in your future.

DUTA said...

The poster concluding your post is fabulous! A very good-looking Santa on a red background, wearing red gloves and saying the truthful 'there's no snow place like home.' I like it.

Jon said...

This is such a nice tradition and I love the creativity. I don't like to choose favorites, but I'm partial to pine cone trees...and cork....

Rain said...

I love your decorations, especially the last one! Yes! I seasonally decorate as much as I can! :)

Red said...

Nice activity for a condo to get people participating getting together,

Valerie said...

I always decorated the house although hubby never helped. I didn't mind that as a clash of ideas would have spoiled the job for me. Now though, I don't even bother because there is no-one here to see it all. It doesn't stop me admiring the efforts my neighbours put into the task.

Edna B said...

Your craft project looks awesome! I love that snowman poster. It's true. It's not the place that is home, it's who you are with. Your decorations are wonderful. Everything looks so Christmasy. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Bill said...

Your home looks lovely with all those festive decorations. We decorate, not as much as when our daughter lived with us but we still have fun doing a little each season.

My name is Erika. said...

Your wreath looks fantastic on your door! Nice holiday cheer. You have some very cute decorations. Hugs-Erika

Connie said...

Your cork wreath is very pretty. I'm catching up on blog reading. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!