Pages

Monday, November 21, 2016

Do You Flea (Market)?

Yes, it's that time of year — the holiday season is a-coming, much sooner than we want it to. Decorations and holiday music have already started, way too early for me.
Tis also the season for holiday craft fairs and indoor flea markets, like the one I went to this past weekend at the senior center in Nashua, NH.

There was the usual assortment of well, just about everything from household items, games,  dish ware, puzzles, books, appliances and outdated electronics. 

And, there was no shortage of holiday items and snowmen (as you can see).

Of course, I shopped and bought a few items — here are my 50 cent bargains. The Welcome slate will be displayed outside our apt with the rest of the winter snowman decorations this year. The Boyds Bears needs no explanation, since we use Beatrice and Grenville Boyd on this blog. These are almost "family."
While the above items were bargains, there's more . . . a brand new Vermont-made cheese board, retail cost $45 (my cost $4), a 50-cent book for someone special (to be announced) and a $1 watch which was $5 after a new battery was out in at a local jeweler; it runs perfectly. 

This was a fun (and very inexpensive) way to spend a Saturday morning and finding great bargains too — always a great thing!

Have you also found some wonderful flea market bargains?

8 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

No. :)

Kathy said...

I love going to flea markets because you never know what you will find. Sometimes you find a treasure. You got very nice things for very little money.

MadSnapper said...

I am laughing my head off at Anvilcloud answer... that would be mine to, a resounding no. but I can add that when we got married 32 years ago, we furnished our whole house at flea markets and roadside sales. it was so much fun doing it. the reason I don't shop them now is I have been busy donating all this type stuff. we have all our needs and if I went to one I would buy something that takes up space and we don't need it....

Lynn said...

I go, but don't buy that often - my place is packed to the gills already. But recently I did get an antique writing box that is a treasure and I had just the spot for it.

You got some great treasures!

Connie said...

I used to go to flea markets, but I don't do that much anymore. At this point in my life, I need to get rid of stuff instead of accumulate more. They are fun places to nose around in, though, and you can often find great bargains there. You got some good deals!

Karen Lakis said...

Looks like a fun way to spend the morning. I enjoy poking around craft fairs sometimes, but rarely buy things anymore. I just enjoy the hunt.

William Kendall said...

No, I've never really gone for flea markets.

Emma Springfield said...

I actually had a booth at a flea market. We sold used video games and systems. We had inexpensive jewelry, science projects, novelty items like whoopie cushions and stink bombs, magic tricks, small games, puzzles... you get the idea. Except for the video games everything was new and much cheaper than you could find it in a store. It was great fun.