Pages

Friday, May 5, 2023

Friday Funnies (Not)

While trying to come up with a clever photo caption, two thoughts came to mind . . .

Stopping to smell the flowers or Let sleeping giants lie (wherever they choose to do so)

Photo taken at ArtYard gallery, Frenchtown, NJ, on our recent road trip

Feel free to add your own and be as descriptive as you possible, the more words, the better. For the poets among us, William Wadsworth's poem, I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud, best expressed the joy of seeing daffodils.

Mea Culpa, because fellow blogger, Sandra, asked and I should have learned more before posting today. The artist is Ledelle Moe and this artwork is part of Monuments, a permanent installation of five works spread across four locations on the ArtYard campus on Front St in Frenchtown, NJ. The massive recumbent figures are fragile and built of welded steel, cement and soil from the locations of their construction. This work, part of the Erosion series, was influenced by elements of graveyard statuary from cemeteries in MD and VA. It contains sand and soil from both sites.

As an update to the Say More, Please post from earlier this week, blogger has still flagged some older (and shorter) comments as Spam, but not as numerous as last weekend. These false flags as blogger AC called them were all "set free" and will continue to be liberated as needed.

Thanks to everyone who shared their own experiences and frustrations with Spam (or not) comments. Blogging remains enjoyable for me; I plan to continue, despite the annoying hiccups. 

Enjoy Your Weekend, Everyone
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo today

24 comments:

nick said...

Blimey, this new dress ain't half heavy. I think I'll have a little lie-down for a minute.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I knew I shouldn't have opened that second bottle of wine.

Barbara Rogers said...

I look here for inspired funny words...and you expect me to come up with something clever this early in my day? Nah. But I'm certainly glad you'll continue blogging!

Latane Barton said...

How about 'Bless be the Ties that Bind'

MadSnapper said...

each comment is a good one, I like the ties that bind. I have nothing but questions, how did if fall over, why does it have wire marks on it, did someone knock it down? if so how?
just thought of one... Does this dress make me look fat?

Marcia said...

Is that supposed to be art? A sculpture? Looks like an old tree to me.

NewRobin13 said...

I've fallen and I can't get up, so I think I'll take a nap by these flowers.

Anvilcloud said...

You have reminded me to go and check my Spam catcher. I see all of the comments, so I don’t always check to see if others are also seeing them.

photowannabe said...

My brain isn't plugged into funny yet this morning...
I'm getting ready to do my time with my Alzheimer's friend today. I have to admit I'm not feeling ready for the massive repetition of the day...So maybe I'll be like that monument and just lay back and be patient..go with the flow..
That's all I've got today (:0)
Sue

Emma Springfield said...

Alice once explained to the Everyday Adventurer that dragons sometimes come into our world. However they are used to warm climates. When the weather is too cold they die. When they die they look like trees or branches of trees. Is this an example?

Sandra said...

I can't believe I ate the whole thing!

William Kendall said...

A striking sculpture.

L. D. said...

It looks like a strong wind blew here over. It would take a crane to pick her back up so they can just let her sleep.

Rita said...

She looks like she was pushed over, poor thing.

My name is Erika. said...

I'd love to see more of these statues. I like visiting sculpture parks, and I love seeing how people create large visual art pieces. Happy weekend. hugs-Erika

Barwitzki said...

Are you still coming... today?

gigi-hawaii said...

No caption to add but it reminds me of the Reclining Buddha statue in Asia.

DUTA said...

This sculpture looks rather awkward. I wouldn't know how to name it. Works of art displayed outside are meant to create a link between the public and the artist. I'm afraid it's not attractive to the public.

DeniseinVA said...

“I am having a struggle to get up today. That ant is moving faster than I am.”

Have a great week my friends.

David said...

Beatrice, I like sculpture but I just don't 'get' this one. The artist was lying down on the job. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

I tumbled heavy as a rock
That fell from outer space
I stooped to sniff the daffodils
And landed on my face.

Bindu said...

Sleeping beautifully forever

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

A caption for that sculpture is a tough one. Gives New meaning to naptime as in not nap time. She looks uncomfortable.

baili said...

loved the poem of Words Worth !

yes a wanderer sits and lies down during his wander and falling sleep is possible .
i liked the idea of this one :)