Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Flowers at Home

How does your garden grow?
Flower arrangements at entry to Clocktower Place Apts and the entry to our building
Over the past few weeks, many bloggers have posted photos showing flowers either in their yards or seen on walks around their area. In this post, I'm reciprocating and showing flowers in and around our home locale.

When we owned homes in NJ and later VA, we always had flowers in the yard, whether potted or in the ground. It's quite different living in a mill apartment complex, which was formerly an industrial area. 
Large displays like these are seen throughout the mill apt grounds
But that doesn't mean, that there's a scarcity of blooms around  the mill apt grounds. The management company hires outside an landscape company which always installs seasonal plantings that are plentiful and colorful. The company also maintains the blooms as there’s no full-time gardeners on staff, only maintenance personnel.
A landscaping firm tend the flowers weekly
There are potted flowers near all the building entrances and exits. It's always uplifting to see these bright colors on a daily basis.
Our garden pansy arrangements were never this bountiful
There's also the benefits of not needing to care for them on a daily basis as we did when we owned a home. Instead, our homeowner friends, here and elsewhere, freely share their gardening tales, which includes mention of all the work involved. When they ask if we miss it, there's no hesitation in saying that we do not. Maybe one day, we'll reconsider our living options, but less work suits us now.
Examples of plantings in the City of Nashua, NH, downtown area
The City of Nashua has numerous seasonal plantings, both potted displays and ground displays along Main Street. Above is a sample of some that were seen on a recent walk. A future post will feature more of these blooms.

28 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

We ave more flowers in pots than in-ground, but we do have echinacea in the garden, and the daylilies are coming with the first opening yesterday.

Linda G. said...

Beautiful blooms! The maintenance workers do a great job.

Barbara Rogers said...

I love how urban areas are blessed with flowers these days. It used to be just a few trees coming out of sidewalks...now there are all those planters! Really a good contrast to the hard edged surfaces to have soft and fragile flowers around.

MadSnapper said...

they are gorgeous and nature, flowers, trees, blooms or no blooms is soul lifting and heart warming and brings joy to us.

Bijoux said...

Lovely! Our city has its own horticulture department which does a fantastic job with hanging baskets, potted plants, and in ground flowers throughout the city. The potted plants are similar to the ones you’ve shown with the canna growing tall in the middle. I love those because they give a tropical feel to the urban landscape.

Marcia said...

Nice to see these as you walk about Nashua.

NewRobin13 said...

Lovely summer flowers blooming there. They always make everything so colorful and beautiful.

Jeanie said...

My garden at home grows wild, crazy and neglected! It looks like your city does a beautiful job of making it lovely and it's fun to see these lovely images!

Sandi said...

Beautiful!

Edna B said...

These plants are really beautiful. I think it's great that management tries to keep the whole place looking nice. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

mimmylynn said...

This was a nice way to brighten my day.

L. D. said...

Mine certainly do not look this good. I have great spot specimens but not big large growth of anything. My phlox will be good this year. You live in an area where the climate encourages great flowers.

Kathy said...

Such beautiful flowers. I love flowers and have a yard to grow them, but I have been too sick to take care of my yard the way I should this year. I could go for having someone else take care of it for me.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

How lovely!! They certainly do take good care of the potted plants. I never have that kind of luck with potted plants. Probably because I don't take proper care of them. But I do enjoy seeing them. Those are lovely!!! I think the flowers in New England are so very bright and colorful in the summertime. Probably because your nights are cooler and the days are too. The very hot, humid days here tend to wear out the flowers I think...especially when we don't get enough rain. Thank you for sharing your lovely garden!!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

That's always the best way to get maximum enjoyment from flowers - let someone else do the work. At the time I bought my house I was doing a full-time job, taking care of my mother and doing her garden for her. One of the great selling points of the house was that it had no garden to speak of, so didn't add any more tasks to my busy schedule. Well, I've retired now and my mother passed away five years ago, but I somehow don't regret not having any weeding or pruning to undertake.

Margaret D said...

These flowers are a delight to see and those petunias always are a great show of colour in summer.

Rita said...

They are really beautiful!
And no maintenance required for you guys. ;)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I think that many enjoy gardens but the gardening not so much. The older we get the more that gardens become a chore; one should never be deluded that it is not hard work. As for how my own garden grows - any way it wants to most of the time!

gigi-hawaii said...

Those flowers are beautiful! I don't like to slave over my garden either, so I do the bare minimum.

Jon said...

The blooms around your abode are beautiful. I have to agree, however, that it's best to admire them from afar without having to care for them.

I was looking forward to having a garden when I moved to Tennessee, but it's completely impossible on my rural property. The hilly slopes are steep and there's an abundance of wild weeds and dangerous thorns. And the forest trees block much of the sunlight.

Ironically, when I lived in arid West Texas I was able to grow lots of sunflowers, antique roses,,,,,and pumpkins!

David said...

Beatrice, Great post! It is a great collection of beautiful flowers...uplifting and cheerful... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Polly said...

Hello Beatrice, you can enjoy the gorgeous flowers without the work :-)

LL Cool Joe said...

You can't beat petunias for a splash of colour! How nice to have all that beauty around you but with no work. I must say I do love gardening, but that may change!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Lovely landscaping around your building and town Dorothy! We are in the same position as you and although I love flowers I have absolutely zero desire to go back to having a yard to care for. I take a lot of pictures of other people's hard work -- somebody has to be the audience admiring their talents!!

Rob Lenihan said...

These flowers are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

William Kendall said...

Those are beautiful.

Lee said...

Stunning, beautiful, and uplifting! :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Such beautiful flowers, the colours are glorious.

All the best Jan