Pages

Friday, November 5, 2021

Friday Funnies

It ain't over till it's over it's been said, but sometimes it really is over. The online voting results are in for the 2021 Downtown Nashua Scarecrow Contest, and the winners are these.
Top three non-profits/schools from left to right were: Rise Dance Studio, Gate City Charter School for the Arts and Allegro Dance Academy
Top three business winners left to right: were Lucky Dog Thrift Shop, Healthy Perspectives, and Lovering Volvo.

FYI - The ain't over till it's over has been attributed to American baseball legend Yogi Berra who said it about baseball's 1973 National League pennant race in which his NY Mets won the series, but ultimately lost the World Series to the Oakland Athletics.

Now without further delay, here's this week's Friday Funnies.

People carry many things in their trucks or cars, sometimes the cargo is quite surprising. One of the things I often do as a passenger is take photos, just because. Here's some recent ones along with added commentary because why not have a bit of fun.
If this driver got tired along the way, he/she could always get into the truck bed since there's a mattress already there. This is real open air camping on the road.
This gives meals on wheels a new meaning. This motorist is ready for a party and can even supply the BBQ grill.
Is this over preparation for possible flash flooding? 
An answer to avoiding a traffic jam? This driver can skip that long line of traffic with alternate transportation atop the car.

It's the end of daylight savings time (again) this weekend. of course, if you're in Hawaii or Arizona (except the Navajo Nation) you can skip resetting clocks back an hour. You're also exempt if you live in the territories of American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. 

Everyone else will be getting an extra hour of sleep and the days will getting shorter (sigh). 

Enjoy Your Weekend, Everyone
Light frost is forecast here, but no snow (yet)

26 comments:

Bijoux said...

Good finds on the road. I do see bikes like that often and am always concerned that one will go flying off and strike my car.

And hey, just another good reason to move to Hawaii!

Marcia said...

Always something to see on the road. Great shots on your part.

Bindu said...

Interesting thoughts on scenes from the road!

MadSnapper said...

this means we will wake up at 2:30 not normal time of 3:30. i was excited for the first time ever for the time change, i hate it, because I could walk Beau at 6:30 and not 7:30 . now beau can't walk.. i am heart broken. I like all of these photos, they are truly quite interesting.. we once moved a king size mattress/springs in my sons pick up... 30 minutes drive that made me a nervous wreck. that was in 1986

Jeanie said...

I love all these scarecrows. I think it would have been tough picking the winners from all you shared these past posts! And I love your commentary on the photos!

gigi-hawaii said...

I like your shots of the traffic over there. I like the one with the boat. Yup, we don't have to reset our clocks here in Hawaii.

mimmylynn said...

You have a delightful sense of observation and interpretation.

DeniseinVA said...

These are great and time to change the clocks again? What a fast year!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

You're go good at taking photos in a moving vehicle!! Of course, usually I'm driving and trying to get a shot...LOL!!!...jp

William Kendall said...

The province of Saskatchewan doesn't do DST either.

DUTA said...

Stuff on top of cars, scares me.
The "all in one" vehicle with equipment for parties or 'meals on wheels', shows ingenuity on the part of the driver.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am always puzzled by this "extra hour of sleep". I wake up when my body tells me to wake up, and then i get up. Nobody told my internal clock we changed the hands on a device by the side of the bed.

Margaret D said...

Well the scarecrows are looking good and obviously the online voting was well supported.
I've seen those things being carried/carted by vehicles down here from time to time...interesting.

Anvilcloud said...

That looks like one heckuva bbq on that truck.

Doris said...

Funny funnies 😄
I don't like shorter days.....Guess there's not much I can do about that, so will roll with it! Happy weekend to you, stay warm!

Lee said...

Our local scarecrow festival has just been occurring, too. The way I've been feeling and looking lately I would have won all categories, hands down!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Fun scarecrows. So creative! Daylight Savings time both spring ahead and fall back ALWAYS throws me off. We lived in Arizona for 16 years and one of my favorite things about living there was NOT having to change our clocks back in forth. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. See you again soon!

Lowcarb team member said...

So nice to see the scarecrows.
Great sights on the road, I do like the boat one :)

All the best Jan

L. D. said...

Ir's over now and the winners are decided. You have some great funnies.

Vee said...

Yup...early evening darkness is such a challenge. 🕰

Carola Bartz said...

Those scarecrows are hilarious. Congratulations to the winners. Funny comments to the photos. We're sometimes surprised what people transport in their cars.

Rob K said...

I like the scarecrows! So many people in my neighborhood still haven't taken down their Halloween decorations. I like Halloween, but it's over!

Love the funnies, as always

nick said...

Putting the clocks back and forward drives me nuts. Why we can't just stay at one time I don't know. I wasn't aware that so many areas in the US don't reset their clocks. But doesn't that time difference cause problems when you're communicating with people in the areas that do reset their clocks?

Edna B said...

Such fun photos. I enjoyed the extra sleep time. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Bill said...

A great series of fun photos. Love your narrative too. :)

Veronica Lee said...

Love your finds on the road, Beatrice.

Those scarecrows are a hoot!