Today is my birthday today. I'm 36, 815,040 minutes young. My birth date was on a Thursday and that was 25,566 days ago.
I’ve been alive for 613,584 hours and have slept for 8,522 days (23 years).
It's amazing the things one can learn about a birthday just through some quick Internet searches. For example, I'm sharing the day with some well-known folks and some rather infamous ones as well
- Pretty Boy Floyd (Charles Arthur Floyd) a bank robber and alleged killer who was killed in a police shoot-out in 1934.
- Amal Clooney – lawyer, activist and wife of actor George Clooney.
- Blythe Danner, actress and widow of the late actor Bruce Dern.
- Norman Rockwell, American painter and illustrator (think Post magazine covers).
- Gertrude Stein, American novelist
- John Meehan of “Dirty John” fame, a conman killed by his stepdaughter
- James Michener, American writer
- Nathan Lane, American actor, singer and writer
- Horace Greeley, American journalist, publisher, editor
- Henning Mankel, Swedish crime writer, playwrite, screenwriter
- Shelley Berman, American actor, screenwriter, writer, television actor
- Melanie, American singer
Here's a few more things I learned about my birth date, most of which I obviously don't remember:
- The US president was Democrat Harry S. Truman.
- I Shot Jesse James, directed by Samuel Fuller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949.
- Casper was a popular TV show.
- The #1 song, A Little Bird Told Me by Evelyn Knight and The Stardusters, was the top song for seven weeks and stayed on the charts for five months.
And, speaking about weather, I was able to find out the weather on the day I was born.
There's no birthday celebration in the works today. I'm thankful for the cards that friends and family sent and these are on display and shown here.
A major football competition — SuperBowl with the New England Patriots/LA Rams — is also happening on MY special day. We've postponed dinner out together until next week. As for birthday gifts, dining out is a gift with no dinner prep or clean-up.
Grenville is happily anticipating this evening's football event. Last week, he bought a gift which he said was for "just for me." Hmmm, I have my doubts about that claim.
The gift is this 50-inch TV is the first new one we've bought in well over 15 years, so it was probably "about time." As you can see, it fills up the space on our entertainment cabinet so there was no "going bigger." The 37-1/2 inch TV inherited from my late mother's estate was formerly in this space and it's now in our bedroom. So, I have an alternate to watching football on my birthday. A movie sounds like a great idea because, after all, it is MY day.