It was that many years that we said I do in our home state of NJ. We're still celebrating every year day and this year’s anniversary date will be no exception as you will learn below.
People often are surprised to learn that we met on a dating site. This was years before the onset of online videos. Instead, we exchanged text messages for a couple of months before finally meeting in person. The card above was often sent back and forth in messages between us. Framed, it now has a spot on our bedroom wall. where we have a penguin theme going with cards.
Longtime friends, Sara and David, who know of our fondness for penguins have sent this same card for at least two anniversaries, so it's been framed for display as well.
This year they sent a different one, but also with a penguin theme. They know us so well.
This card traveled the farthest distance, across the pond, and was sent by Kath and Andrew, UK friends, who share the same wedding anniversary date. We met up with them in London a few years ago and hope to again next month when we will tour the Yorkshire Dales in the UK.
A previous post showed the many decorative signs in our apartment home. But, we also have a few magnets. These are two that I gave to Grenville (Patrick) after our marriage and they are still on display today after all these years.Today, we're attending a Celebration of Life, ironically for a man (David) we never met. Granted, that sounds strange, but we met his wife/widow, Sue, on our Alaska cruise last year. She shared that they had lived in the Nashua, NH, area for years before relocating to AZ, which is why she's having the event a nearby town. A couple of others we met on the cruise will also be there, so we will know other attendees.
As for our anniversary celebration, we plan to on a road trip after the Labor Day holiday. Now, many New England locations are over crowded and/or over priced, mostly both.
Enjoy Your Weekend, Everyone
We're going to Pop's Clam Shell (Alton, NH) for our first & last lobster roll this year







28 comments:
....enjoy many more to come!
Happy Anniversary to you both! I look forward to hearing about your upcoming adventures!
Happy anniversary. I know what you mean about crowds and higher prices. In a couple of weeks it shouldn't be so bad. And when are you heading to Pop's for that lobster roll? hugs-Erika
Happy Annie! I hope you enjoy the Dales, my childhood home.
Happy anniversary, my friends.
OH, Happy 27th Anniversary you two!! Congratulations on enjoying such a wonderful adventure together, and may the adventure continue for many more years! Enjoy your Lobster Roll today!! And I do understand about waiting until after Labor Day to do much right now in NH...yes, then things will be much more navigable until the fall foliage starts, so don't wait too long! LOL. Have a blessed day.
Congratulations!
I'm always intrigued when I think of how you two met. It was meant to be. Congratulations on your 27th! All of the cards are adorable.
Jon
Have a wonderful anniversary and do enjoy that lobster roll!
Happy anniversary.
Happy 27th to you.
Happy anniversary. I love the fridge magnets! (and the penguins . . .)
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary you two !!
I really believe you were meant for each other. I love the way you travel and see so much of the world.
To the next 27 and Many, many more !!!
Sue
Belated happy anniversary! What a lovely story! I love your magnets.
You're going to the Yorkshire Dales! That is wonderful. It's very beautiful but you might need some wellies (difficult to bring in a suitcase).
Great that you are going to Pop's to get a lobster roll. Would that be the same Pop's as where Erika goes?
Enjoy the weekend,
Lisca
Happy 27th Anniversary! I hope there will be many more that you can celebrate.
Happy, happy, happy Anniversary. The cards are wonderful. I especially like the one about marrying an Irish person. I did and it was always interesting.
Thanks, Lisa, glad you enjoyed the post. Yes, it is the same Pop’s that Erika has mentioned in her blog and we will meet up with her this weekend too.
Many Happy Anniversary Wishes to you both.
All the best Jan
Happy anniversary. Enjoy your celebrations.
Happy anniversary! I love your penguin cards. :)
All the best for today and all the days to come!
Happiest of anniversaries! May you have many more years of delightful travels together!
Happy anniversary you two-I enjoyed all the photos you shared too-hugs Happy weekend
happy anniversary dear Dorothy to you two love birds ❤️
may you celebrate many many more together my friend!!!
it was lovely to see such sweet collections of decorations about your marriage and love :) , yes love is the real marriage i believe when two people chose each other and decide to stay with each other forever 🥹.i feel fascinated by love immensely and marriage too who allows them to stay together :)
heartfelt best wishes for your ventures ❤️
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! "Don't question your wife's judgment, look who she married" I like it!
Happy Anniversary and here’s to many, many more of them. Love your framed photos, and the others too. Happy travels!
Happy Anniversary! I love the penguin cards!
Post a Comment