Pages

Monday, November 4, 2019

Turning Back Time

Tower Clock at Our Mill Apt Building
That wasn't just an expression this past weekend. Daylight Saving Time (DST) took effect on Sunday, Nov. 3, at 2 a.m. Most areas of the U.S., fell back to Standard time as clocks were set back an hour. 

No need to change clocks in Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and most of Arizona. 

But, we live in N.H., which follows DST. Here's a room breakdown of how many time pieces we reset, mostly inside our apt:

Kitchen: 4 (appliances, wall clock)
Dining Room: 1 mantel clock
Living Room: 4 wall clocks
Porch: 1 wall clock
Master Bedroom: 2 alarm clocks
Guest Bedroom: 1 wall clock
Guest Bathroom: 1 mantel clock
Cars:
Misc: 4 wrist watches, 1 Kindle, 1 "house" phone

YIKES ! That's 22 total resets. Thankfully, the computers, tablets, and cell phones reset without human intervention. We're doubly thankful that we won't need to do this again until March 2020 when time springs ahead. 

What was your reset count in your home?

The clock in the above photo and the first one are interior views of the tower clock at the mill residence where we live in Nashua, NH.
This is an exterior view of the clocks. We're really glad we don't have to reset these.

18 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I don't have the number handy, but we seem to have fewer clocks than you.

MadSnapper said...

5 clocks, 1 kindle e reader 2 watches and 2 trucks. have not done the trucks yet and forgot the house phone needs it to, so they remain on saving time. the dog will not reset, he is driving us crazy

Doris said...

Not as many as you...Christy did 2 plus their car, I have 2 plus our car to change yet. I'll get it done sometime before the next change =)) We rely mostly on our phones for the correct time.

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of clocks! I had to reset only four here. I wish we would just stay on standard time. There is something truly nutty about time change.

Linda said...

I will get back to you on this....I'm still changing clocks! We have at least one in every room including bathrooms and one on the front porch and one on the back outside wall......

Connie said...

We had eight here, I believe.

Karen Lakis said...

Oh goodness, I haven't made a count of clocks - but I am sitting here looking at one that needs to be changed... sigh... I really wish we would stop doing this. I'm not sure which time is the "correct" time, but I kind of wish we would just choose it and stick with it. Arizona, you say?..

Emma Springfield said...

I have a battery-operated clock on the wall in the living room and y alarm clock in my bedroom. I never set the clock on the microwave. Otherwise all the clocks automatically reset.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Our clocks changed a week earlier than yours. All I can tell you is that the clock which should reset automatically failed to do so, which made for an interesting start to my day!

Jon said...

I can't take it anymore!!!!
I absolutely REFUSE to turn back my clocks. I won't participate in this unnecessary nonsense.

I live alone with my two cats - and they don't care what time it is.

Red said...

That's too many resets. I have seven and that's enough for me.

Kathy said...

Oh, my kitchen wall clock. I forgot to do that one. I reset two in the kitchen, one in the living room, one in the bathroom, one in the bedroom and one in the car. Is that six? And now I have one more to do.

My name is Erika. said...

You have some super clock photos. Oh but this 5 pm darkness. And we haven't hit the shortest day yet. But I did enjoy the post. Happy November. Hugs-Erika

Valerie said...

Six time pieces for me, that's counting two watches. Oh how I wish we didn't have such a chore.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Such a lovely clock. Three is nothing like this where we live!

William Kendall said...

One clock to reset. Everything else reset on its own.

baili said...

oh dear i think while resetting the all your watches quite part of the year will pass dear Dorothy :)

we never thought of having clock in bathroom lol
i loved the clock in your area ,sublime

wishing you all the joys and peace my friend!

L. D. said...

We were out of the country during the time change. It added to our confusion as we were in a nation with 9 hours difference to ours.