Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

December Birthdays

If you're a child, what's better than waiting to celebrate Christmas 🎄 — maybe it's also celebrating a birthday 🎂 in the same month?

That's something shared in common by our oldest and youngest grandchildren. Grandson reached his last pre-teen year a week ago. 

The older grandchildren get, the more challenging it can be to select the "right" gift. This year, his mom asked if instead of a "store-bought gift," we would like contribute to his birthday celebration. She was planning an overnight stay in Boston, MA and taking he and his sister to a performance of the Blue Man Group in that city.
For those who are unfamiliar with the group started in 1987. It features three bald and blue characters and is a performance art company known worldwide for its multimedia stage performances which include various categories of music and art. 
Brother and sister posed for this photo. We heard that he was very happy with his birthday present. We're looking forward to hearing more about it in the future. 

The youngest granddaughter celebrates her 2nd birthday this week. 
We won't see her and her family until Christmas when they will travel to visit family here in NE. We brought birthday gifts to PA for an early birthday celebration after Thanksgiving.

She clutched the pink birthday bunny we brought her and opened other gifts while mom and grandpa watched.
Her mom gave us the "hint" that she's really likes footed "jammies. " Lucky us in finding one with holiday penguins and reindeer that grandpa helped her model.

In a couple of weeks we will celebrate during the holiday with all three grandchildren and other family members.

Thanks to all who shared comments on a previous post about sending holiday cards (or not) and holiday decorating. Grenville suggested that, due to the increase in First Class U.S. postage this January, I should have included a message in this year's cards to say: "Please save this greeting as it's a 2-year card, due to the postage increase in 2019." 

Why didn't I think of that?

14 comments:

MadSnapper said...

great idea for the 2 year card. my granddauther will be 32 on Christmas day, poor child was born at 3:20 Christmas afternoon. My other sons wife has her birthday the day after Christmas.. enjoyed all the photos and I would like to see the blue man also... love the photo of the grands with the scene outside the hotel window.

Connie said...

Looks like fun birthday celebrations. Sweet family photos too!

William Kendall said...

The grandkids are adorable!

My name is Erika. said...

What a lot of fun! Birthdays are the best, especially for the kids. They are really adorable grandchild! Hugs-Erika

Joyce F said...

Lovely grandkids.

I have enough Christmas stamps put back for next year. Maybe I should buy even more?

DUTA said...

Such tender photos the ones of Grandpa Grenville with little Liliana!
She'll not disappoint; she's going to be a great artist.
Happy Birthday to her and brother Bobby!

Silver in AZ said...

We have a number of birthdays in December in my family too. My brother is 12/2, now Serenity is 12/5, my ex father in law was 12/13, and of course my Holly is 12/24. Keeps things hopping, if not the pocket-books a little thinner. LOL

Bill said...

Nice family photos. I never heard of the blue man but glad your grandson enjoyed the show. My wife was born in December and was my mother and mother-in-law. It's a busy birthday month but my wife enjoys it.
Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day.

Anvilcloud said...

It all good, family, heart-warming stuff.

Nil @ The Little House by the Lake said...

Happy birthday to both Bobby and Lilliana !

Christina said...

Happy Birthday to Liliana and Bobby! I need some footed pyjamas, my feet are always cold. I doubt there are any cute ones like Lilianas in my size. Our youngest will be 10 tomorrow, last birthday before Christmas.

DeniseinVA said...

Awww, neat photos of these beautiful grandchildren and happy birthday to them. What a great idea to go on the trip to see the Blue Men. Making memories, that is what it is all about.

possum said...

Ah, the joy of grandchildren!
Have a good Christmas!

Brenda said...

Love Christmas cards! The price of a stamp is often debated but few complain about the price of a soda or food out. I don't send nearly as many as when young as so many family members and friends have died! I would gladly buy a stamp to mail a card to any of those! I keep my cards for awhile and pray for each person who sent them!!