Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2018

Family Thanksgiving in PA

Thanks for your comments on this week's earlier post about shopping (or not) on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. It seems that many skipped looking for bargains on either day. We did the same.

Our Thanksgiving holiday was spent out-of-state in  PA, where we connected with family members who live there — youngest granddaughter and her parents. We met them for dinner before the holiday.
My brother (Tony) and his wife (Anita) and my niece (Jamie) and husband (Mike) all traveled from NJ to meet us there. The NJ group and ourselves stayed at the same hotel which is close to the PA family.

There was also time for some grandparent photos with this cutie.
There are two restaurants within the hotel and we dined together in one of them for Thanksgiving dinner at the last seating which meant no rushing. It was a great time together as no one spent time in the kitchen doing food prep or clean-up, but this also meant there were no leftovers. 

This large balloon turkey was on display in the hotel lobby, granddaughter wasn't willing to pose with it despite her parent's best efforts.

But, we found it was a perfect photo opportunity for us. We're never pass up the chance to take a selfie.
It's interesting that whenever we're taking one of these, people will offer to help. We decline these offers. Whenever we let someone take a photo, there's more background included than faces. 


Before the NJ family members and ourselves headed back to our respective homes over the weekend, we posed for a group photo.
Since a selfie wouldn't have worked for this group shot, it was taken by a member of the hotel staff. Yes, we all shared a wonderful family holiday together. And, the PA trip also offered another chance to connect and enjoy breakfast with long-time blogger friend, Doris, Fun Times with family and friends.

15 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Looks like a great reunion at a great time.

Since digital photos are cheap and so easy to delete, I would let them take a shot because you never know.

Kathy said...

What a wonderful time! Joe and I spent last Thanksgiving in Lancaster and it was wonderful. Had dinner at the Bird-in-Hand Restaurant and are thinking about doing that again next year. Did you get to see the reindeer in Kitchen Kettle Village? We did that on Black Friday. I have met Doris also. She is a lovely lady. Can't wait to meet up with her again -- hopefully this coming year when the weather is better. Your little granddaughter is adorable! So nice to be with family during this time of year.

MadSnapper said...

sounds wonderful meeting your family and staying in the same hotel. the turkey is a tad scary for a small child but it is cute and creative. I have never taken a selfie of bob and I, he hates the camera, I also have never taken a selfie of myself except in my kitchen or back yard. I did take a couple of mirrow pics in a few places, like the hospital elevator

Karen Lakis said...

It looks as though you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Your granddaughter is adorable! I've never quite gotten the knack of selfies, and it's not as though I don't try now and then. There must be an art to it that I'm not catching on to. Black Friday? - no no no no no. I can't reconcile giving thanks for all I have on one day, and then fighting crowds for bargains the next. I'm not much of a shopper, anyway - there is always something I'd rather be doing...

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful Thanksgiving,, you all look so happy! Perfect!

Linda said...

I loved meeting your family here on this post....or some of them. It's been a long time since I was up in that paty of the country. I met a blogging sister on Friday who is from Lancaster County.
I'm like you - I love the leftovers and a turkey cooked mid December will be what we do, too!

Nil @ The Little House by the Lake said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful get together.
Lilliana is so adorable. :)

William Kendall said...

Lilliana has such wide eyes in that first shot.

DUTA said...

Naturally, Liliana is the star of all gatherings!
I use the self timer feature in my camera quite a lot, as I get disappointed by people taking pictures of me.

My name is Erika. said...

Nice to see your beautiful family. Looks like it was a fun time 😀hugs Erika

Doris said...

Your Lilliana is just adorable. We’re so glad she lives near us so we can see you too sometimes! Our breakfast with you was just delightful and we are already looking forward to the next time.
You have certainly perfected taking a selfie. Love the one one with the balloon turkey :)

baili said...

Oh you just uplifted my day with such happy family photos dear friend!!!

Each face is preciously Beautiful!

Just read your post above. Sorry to hear about President Bush!

possum said...

What a precious child!
I always love to see pictures of her.

Connie said...

Wonderful family photos, and your granddaughter is as cute as can be. Nice for everyone to have the day off from cooking and cleaning up. Easier to relax and visit that way.

L. D. said...

I am behind on my comments. You have some great photos proving that you did have a wonderful family get together. We did have company but it was such a whirlwind that the quality of time didn’t happen. I like your selfies.