Pages

Saturday, February 3, 2018

It's Birthday Time !

Today, I'm sharing a birthday with (among others) some well known and some infamous folks:

Amal Alamuddin Clooney, Fran Tarkenton, Nathan Lane, Samuel Butler, Melanie, Blythe Danner, Shelley Berman, Joey Bishop, Norman Rockwell, Felix Mendelssohn, Horace Greeley, Gertrude Stein, James Michener, Henning Mankell, Pretty Boy Floyd. 

All of us have been born under the sign of Aquarius (January 19 - February 18) the water bearer. It was nice that in 1969, the 5th Dimension sang The Age of Aquarius. (The song Aquarius/Let the Sun Shine In is a medley of two songs written for the 1967 musical Hair.)

Checking online for personality traits of Aquarians, I read that we have active minds and can spend hours thinking about new and interesting ways to approach life. So, maybe that explains my daydreaming times?


I also read that Aquarians are nature lovers, friendly, outgoing and have a sense of fairness which causes them to treat others with integrity. All good things.

On the negative side, Aquarians need to guard against self-indulgence of any kind. Soglad that the Oreo cookies are long gone, but we still have some holiday M&Ms around.

That cake shown in this post was bought to share with our dominoes playing friends this week. (There was no letter; it was added for purposes of this post.) A few more pieces were shared with friends here at the apartments. But, two pieces were saved to enjoy after dinner on Saturday evening. After all, what's a birthday without cake, but NO candles as I don't want to set off any alarms !

15 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Happy Birthday, hope you have a wonderful day. Great cake.

Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie said...

Whoops.... Two bloggers with a birthday today had me confused so I was forced to delete my comment ... lol.
Happy Birthday to you and I hope you have a great day. My mother was born on 2nd Feb; she didn't match up to the description of Aquarians, but one of my aunts matched it perfectly. I loved The Age of Aquarius.

Anvilcloud said...

Well, Happy Birthday to you!

DUTA said...

Happy Birthday to you!
The cake looks delicious, and Aquarius song is immortal!

William Kendall said...

Happy Birthday!

Mendelssohn's a good one to share a birthday with!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ALOHA FROM HAWAII.

My name is Erika. said...

Happy birthday! Hope you have had a great day! Boy you share your big day with a lot of famous folks! Hugs-Erika

baili said...

Happy birthday my dear friend!

i found this post very interesting as you shared some very nice things about your star sign which reveals so many positive and good things about your personality:)
best wishes for your beautiful life ahead!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I'm thinking Leos must have a bigger self-indulgence problem because there is no way that any holiday candy was able to survive in my house this long.

Gingi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
possum said...

Happy Birthday!
And many more!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

A very happy birthday to you dear friend!

Lynn said...

Happy Birthday, Dorothy - a little late. My birthday was the 4th. So we are fellow Aquarians.

Connie said...

The cake looks yummy. I hope you enjoyed it.