Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Morning After Views

A great thing about weather is that it's always changeable. After a day of icy branches, slippery walkways and roadways this past Tuesday, the day after was quite a change.
"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather."   (John Ruskin, English writer)
That said, this was the view from our apartment window about 7:30 a.m. yesterday.
Scarcely an hour after the first photo was taken, this was the window view.
And by noontime, the blue skies were back and the ice scenes were all gone.
Yes, in reply to some previous comments, we do feel very fortunate to view scenes like this on a daily basis. It's one of the best things about  
overlooking the river and living in this NH mill apartment. 

As for how we spent our bad weather day, it's best put in the words of Theodor Seuss Geisel, who as Dr. Seuss in The Cat in the Hat wisely said . . .
“The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house, all that cold, cold, wet day.”

16 comments:

MadSnapper said...

the first thing i do when it gets daylight is open all the blinds and look out at the world. you have a wonderful view and i like the 3 time lapse photos... amazing what the sun can do to the view

Christina said...

I am also lucky to have great views over the city. It is really interesting how to see how fast the view changes. I see you still have some ice on the river, it must be still cold. Keep warm x

Emma Springfield said...

Our weather has been interesting this year. It was unseasonably warm until we were suddenly plunged into extreme cold for weeks. It warmed a little and we had a blizzard. Today we are in a fog. It is lunchtime and I still cannot see past the next block. Interesting.

Doris said...

I love your view!! Sitting inside on a wet and cold day sounds delightful. Tea, coffee and a cookie....or two :)

DUTA said...

There's always beauty in nature. It's just that we don't always feel like we wish to contemplate it. Especially not in winter when we're cold and wet.

Connie said...

I love your photos showing the changing light and colors of the sky. I can relate to that Dr. Seuss quote too.

mamasmercantile said...

How quickly the view changes when the sun is changing.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots! We had some sloppy weather on Monday- freezing rain- but the temperatures have dropped since then, so it's all frozen up.

My name is Erika. said...

It is amazing how quickly the weather can change. You sure do have a nice view from your apartment. I love how you get to see the river. That makes it even more interesting. Is it the Nashua River? I've been shopping down by the mall but I don't think I have ever been downtown and didn't even know Nashua had mills. :) Happy almost weekend. Hugs-Erika

Valerie said...

I wish I had a view like that. My window views never change, no movement like you have.

Anonymous said...

The view from my windows rarely changes except for the occasional storm.

Anvilcloud said...

You have a good view, and I like this sort of time-lapse as it were.

Lynn said...

You do have such a gorgeous view. Amazing the difference a short time makes like that.

possum said...

No matter which window I look out of I see trees and camellias... sometimes azaleas. And as beautiful as the snow might be, I am always grateful when it is gone.

baili said...

wow what magnificent pace you live dear friend!!!

i am overwhelmed by the beauty of your surroundings ,must be so cherish and breathtaking

loved the each view with change of moody weather :)

enjoy the life with gratitude!

L. D. said...

We were too cold today to do anything but wish we could get outside. Your new place is great and I am sure you still adjust to it daily. We are not in our house a year and I still think the former owners might stop back by, but they won’t as they are in Boston. They are easterners too like you two.