We prefer meals that are not only delicious, but very easy too. This meal fills both those requirements. Dinner can be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Shrimp scampi consists of shrimp sautéed in a buttery, garlic, white wine and lemon sauce. This recipe is super quick and easy for a weeknight meal, perfect for entertaining friends or for a special dinner for two.
It takes longer to cook the pasta than it does to prepare the shrimp and sauce. This recipe is enough for two servings and possibly some leftovers.
- 8 ounces linguine, fettucine (or other pasta)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 lb. large or jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 C white wine
- 1/4 C lemon juice (1 lemon)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 TNSP parsley, chopped
- Grated cheese for topping
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil and melt butter in a pan over medium-high heat until foaming, add shrimp, cook for 2 minutes, flip, add garlic and red pepper flakes (if using). Cook for 1 minute more before transferring to a large bowl. (Note: cooking time for the shrimp varies depending on the size used. When the shrimp just turns from translucent to opaque/white it's done.
- Add white wine and lemon juice to pan, deglaze then simmer for a minute and remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper and stir in parsley and lemon zest before tossing with shrimp and pasta.
- Serve topped with grated cheese.