Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

It's My Birthday

Today is a BIG day that marks the beginning of a new episode in my life - Medicare.
And so, it seemed a good time to take a trip down memory lane.


(Many) years ago, photography studios made house calls . . .


Posing for photos with a (slightly) older cousin (check out the vintage auto) . . .


Looking at the camera was never a problem (can't you tell?) . . .

Years ago, holiday dress-up was mandatory for many little girls, myself included . . .



That was then and this is now.

It may be TOO late, as the penguins have already stolen any remaining sanity.

There are no blowout birthday bashes scheduled at The Frog & PenguINN to mark this milestone birthday (by request). Grenville made a deliciously wonderful apple pie served with vanilla bean ice cream last night. It was so good and calories never count on birthdays (right?)

That doesn't mean no celebration. We're co-celebrating my birthday and Hearts Day with a road trip in the next few weeks. The trip includes visiting a long-time friend,  fellow blogger, and a cousin whose birthday is 2 days after mine.

Memories are more precious than things -- I have so many and more to come.

Milestones aren't so bad after all.

18 comments:

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Happy Birthday, Dorothy...I am sure you and pat will celebrate somehow before Heart's Day!!!...:)JP

Karen Lakis said...

Happy birthday! The road trip celebration sounds like fun - enjoy your special day!

Latane Barton said...

Happy Birthday, Dorothy. Those pictures of you are adorable. Such a sweet baby face! And, you are still a sweet lady and I am so happy I have gotten to know you through blogging. Again, happy birthday.

MadSnapper said...

Happy Birthday, I enjoyed seeing the photos from the past....

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

WOW, you are blessed to have those photos to look back on.
I would sing but it would crack the screen both here and there so I will just wish you a blessed and happy one filled with love and CAKE!

Doris said...

Happy Birthday, Dorothy! Love your photos. Enjoy your day.... Hope it's filled to the brim with special =)

Anvilcloud said...

Congratulations on getting older. It's not all it's cracked up to be, but I imagine the medical benefits are worth it. Nice vintage photos too.

Out on the prairie said...

Happy Birthday, your photos were fun

grammie g said...

HI B... Happy Birthday and welcome to Medicare : )!!

Oh such cute photo's in very familiar clothing such as I wore too!!
The dresses, coats and bonnets... such great fun to look back on!!
My parents would be appalled at the way they dress today!! : )

Grace

William Kendall said...

Happy Birthday!

I'm falling about laughing at that T-shirt. Perfect!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Happy Birthday to you!! I love seeing photos from the past. You were such a cutie! Have a wonderful day!

L. D. said...

Well Happy Birthday.. It is great we can just keep counting them. Apple pie is a wonderful way to celebrated life along with a birthday.

Montanagirl said...

Happy Birthday! Loved the old time photos.

Connie said...

Wonderful pictures! Happy birthday to you! :)

Kay G. said...

"Surrender Dorothy"...and enjoy your birthday!
Sorry couldn't resist the Wizard of Oz reference!
Happy Birthday!!!

Ludwig said...

Happy Birthday!
... and welcome to the sunny side of life, where all days are Saturdays, and "senior drinks" are the refreshments!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday. I adore the cute pictures and walk down memory lane.

Elaine said...

Happy belated birthday, Dorothy! I love all the old photos. I have some very similar ones.