This photo was sent by a friend, who lives in Oregon, and is currently spending a few days in CA. This notice was posted at the entrance to the Carmel Beach.
His comment in a text message: I can’t get my foot up there even if they didn’t tell me not to! We both wondered if anyone had tried, most likely the answer was Yes if parents held small children up to the fountain.
In the U.S., Memorial Day is seen as the unofficial start of summer and observed on the last Monday in May. While the weekend signals warm weather, outdoor activities, pool and beach openings and summer travel, its true meaning is often overlooked. First known as Decoration Day, it began after the Civil War as a time to decorate graves of fallen soldiers with flowers and flags. After WWI, it was expanded to honor all U.S. soldiers who had died in any war as a day of remembrance.
On Monday, there will be a Memorial Day parade in Nashua, NH on Main Street. The rest of the 3-day weekend will be filled with events centered on dedication of the recently renovated Le Parc de Notre Renaissance Français, known as Renaissance Park and the new riverwalk near Clocktower Place mill apartments, our current residence.
There's an entire slate of events from Friday through Monday. Highlights include a rubber duck regatta, live music, mural dedication, lighted kayak parade, drone show, petting zoo, yoga, and the Nashua Farmers Market.
Saturday night, we're going to a concert at the Nashua Center for the Arts. Grammy-winning guitarist and vocalist John Pizzarelli will perform a program, Dear Mr. Bennett, celebrating the late celebrated singer Tony Bennett.
Last night, we took a walk along the riverwalk in advance of this weekend's activities. The wall murals are still a work-in-progress, but the performance area is completed and ready for this events. A second river fountain will be running by early next week.
![]() |
| The performance area is completed; wall murals are still in progress |
![]() |
| One of two river fountains was installed this week |
![]() |
| A view of Clocktower Place and the riverwalk across the Nashua River |
Enjoy Your Weekend, Everyone
We're staying home and enjoying the local events





22 comments:
You do live in a nice town by the looks of it.
I love the colorful murals and performance area.
...I could NEVER get my foot up that high!
Good guess that people are hold their kids' feet up to the fountain. Your photos of the area are just beautiful.
I love the murals, especially the birds. The light in your photos is so gorgeous! The tony Bennett tribute will be great I bet. The reflection in your last photo is GORGEOUS!!
It sounds like you will not have lack of things to do this weekend.
I'm with the others that say they can't get their foot up that high... I do think a lot of parents probably try to wash their kids feet off in the water fountain.
Enjoy the neighborhood events. I like the ones that bring out the true meaning of Memorial Day.
Sue
Lovely photos and interesting sign on the water fountain.I'm it was in response to episodes!!!
Wow, that last shot is a postcard-ready photo!
Sounds like you might have a busy weekend. Hope the rain stays away for that, but we really still need it in my area. Nice photos too. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika
Interesting sign...makes me want to try and see if I could even get my foot up there, but then it would probably cause a cramp in my leg and I would be stuck and need help getting uncramped! That would serve me right for even trying! LOL. I wonder how many people do try to see if they could get their foot up there just because it says not to! People are like that. Oh, your Riverwalk, etc., all looks so nice! That is really going to be a lovely new place for you to enjoy right there at your front door! Enjoy your weekend. And yes, let us remember those who gave their all so that we could live in freedom and enjoy these wonderful events. May we never forget. Thank you for this reminder.
Lovely photographs in your post, the mural is so colourful and your night-time photographs are lovely.
Have a great weekend.
All the best Jan
Memorial Day is a family experience for us. My father placed great importance on honoring those we lost. I have to say that I felt a bit sick reading the warning on the fountain.
What gorgeous sunsets you captured. Enjoy all the festivities.
Wonderful photos! Lots of activities going on up there.
When I was young, lithe and supple (was I ever?) I couldn’t have got my foot up there!
As you say, how on earth could any adult get their foot into the basin unless they had rubber legs?
Unfortunately, there are people who do wash their feet in drinking fountains. But worse are the people who let their dogs drink from them. In some of our local parks drinking fountains at ground level are now installed for that reason.
Love your pictures, especially the last one of the riverwalk. We've got rain here. Switched all the plans around and enjoying a cozy afternoon at home. Didn't get done all that I hoped, but enjoying not running around.
Love the bird murals.
And those sunsets are gorgeous!
Have a wonderful week ahead, Dorothy.
With gratitude and remembrance, on Memorial Day.
Your city is amazing dear friend
These are stunning photos and new settings for river park ♥️
The mural is really beautiful and rich with fascinating details 🥰
Post a Comment