Pages

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Peach of a Cobbler

Free peaches is what the sign said while we were out walking last week. Quite a few had already fallen to the grass, so I selected the ripest of this group. Then, there was only one thing to do with them — make a peach cobbler.
This recipe is super easy. Everything needed was already in the pantry, including the 8x8 baking dish. Adding sugar to the peaches is optional. If the peaches are over-ripe, they may be sweet enough. If you use peaches canned in syrup, they should be sweet without added sugar. 

Bisquick Peach Cobbler
  • 3 C sliced fresh peaches
  • 1/2 C granulated sugar
  • 1 TBSP brown sugar packed
  • 1 tsp cornstarch
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon (more if you like)
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp lemon zest
  • 1 tsp vanila (optional)
  • 1 C Bisquick mix
  • 1 C milk
  • 1/2 C (1 stick) butter, melted
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Combine peaches, granulated sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon, and lemon zest.
  3. Mix together Bisquick, milk, and brown sugar. Add to 8x8 baking dish.
  4. Pour fruit on top of mixture, do not stir.
  5. Bake for 45-60 minutes.
Serve warm or cold with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
We gave this recipe two forks, one for each of us.

13 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Oh, this looks marvelous! My parents had peach trees and I always benefited from the huge crop. We made "everything peach" in those days. We have a self-pollinating peach tree, but the squirrels get to the peaches first. Now that we are home year-round, I should spray and we will have a good crop.

Thank you for the recipe! Looks Yummy!

Lady Jane said...

This looks yummy. Hugs, lj

Anonymous said...

I make apple or blueberry cobbler often, and I use 2 cups Bisquick, 1 egg, 1/2 stick melted butter, 1 cup milk, 1 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.

Emma Springfield said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

mamasmercantile said...

Looks delicious.

L. D. said...

I don't know where to find free peaches, you lucky people. I do know where to go to the store and pick some of them up to make cobbler. Yum.

DeniseinVA said...

I haven't had peach cobbler in I don't know how long. It looks delicious! Thanks for the idea and for this recipe :)

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks delish!

Valerie said...

I wouldn't mind a sample ... I love peaches.

William Kendall said...

Delicious!

Blogoratti said...

It does seem really delicious what you have made, nice of you to share, and greetings!

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Looks yummy indeed. With cooler weather here in Illinois I have my baking apron on well. Truly. I have one apron for baking and one for cooking. No good reason why.

baili said...

Looks mouth watering .
peaches are favorite of my husband so i showed him and he seemed compelled lol