We are both salmon fans so this South Beach recipe was a great "find." The only "problem" is that smoked salmon can be costly, so it won't be a regular breakfast meal — but it's a wonderful and (did I mention) delicious weekend treat. This recipe makes 2 servings.
Smoked Salmon Scramble
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 oz smoked salmon cut into thin strips
- 1 oz reduced fat cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 TBSP finely chopped chives
- Freshly ground peppercorns (optional)
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add eggs and allow to set (10 seconds).
- Sprinkle salmon, cream cheese and chives over eggs.
- Scramble until just cooked, about 1 minute. Season to taste with pepper.
Photo courtesy of South Beach Quick and Easy Cookbook (because we ate ours too quickly).