Pages

Friday, May 5, 2017

Friday Funnies

Wonder if this fellow specializes in medical malpractice?

Seeing this office sign in CT last weekend reminded me of a 1940s song that I had heard about titled "Doctor, Lawyer, Indian Chief." It was unexpected to see 2 out of those 3 covered here in this NJ signage. (It was across the street from the hotel where we stayed overnight.)

"Doctor, Lawyer, Indian Chief" was a popular song published in 1945, with music by Hoagy Carmichael and lyrics by Paul Francis Webster. The title and lyrics are a play on the popular counting game "Tinker, Tailor." 

The biggest-selling version of the song was recorded by Betty Hutton on June 29, 1945 and released by Capitol Records. The recording reached the Billboard magazine charts on December 6, 1945; it lasted 17 weeks on the chart, peaking at #1. And here it is:


9 comments:

Sandra said...

I don't remember the song but I do remember saying Rich Man Poor Man beggar man Thief doctor lawyer Indian chief as a child

Emma Springfield said...

Of course I remember the song. Silly songs are my passion. I have heard of malpractice attorneys who also hold medical degrees. It's a little scary.

William Kendall said...

Curious combination of professions.

Mildred said...

I do remember the song!
Happy weekend.

Connie said...

That is odd that someone could practice both of those professions. Especially since both can be quite time-consuming. I don't remember the song.

baili said...

such songs awake a child inside me!
what an amusing tune and interesting story telling through joyful moves and voices .
truly enjoyed it ,thank you that you shared my friend!

Denise inVA said...

Great sign, don't think I have ever heard that song, though it might be a memory thing. Happy weekend to you both :)

Ginnie said...

I love the way that you find humor in unusual places !

AndreaC said...

He probably does do malpractice! Living near Philadelphia for many years (out in Delaware), there were many doctors who had both degrees. They must be pretty smart!
Andrea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...