Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

RI Beach Springfest

It's a month or so early, but the summer beach season kicked off last weekend in RI at Misquamicut Beach State Park in Westerly. And, we were there along with grandkids, their mom, and CT family.
This 6th (now) annual event, called Misquamicut Springfest, drew over 12,000 visitors from several New England states. 

Our little group represented 3 of these states, NH, RI and CT. There was no shortage of activity with music, rides, petting zoo, arts, crafts, magic and music shows, and food vendors selling typical beach fare: french fries, fried oysters, sausage sandwiches, fried dough, funnel cakes, lemonade, definitely not the healthiest food, but when at the beach, you eat there and that meant an order of "loaded" fries (sour cream, bacon, chives were added). They were really good!

The rides were the biggest attraction for the younger ones in our group. Although their mom and grandpa did bump into challenge them on this ride. It was ridden a couple of times.

Springiest ran the entire weekend, Friday evening through Sunday and we spent most of Saturday afternoon there. It was a fun day with family, even though we are not especially fond of the rides.


How about You — do you enjoy amusement rides? 
If so, any favorite one?

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Looks as if you had a wonderful time! I can't wait to get onto the beach this year.

I'm not much for amusement rides. In fact, I avoid them when at all possible. But I like seeing my friends and family have fun on them.

MadSnapper said...

you had me at petting zoo and funnel cakes, no rides for me unless they have a fat lady sized merry go round with horses..

Emma Springfield said...

Besides looking like such fun it is very colorful there. I'm happy you all had a good time.

Connie said...

I'm not especially fond of amusement rides. I might ride the carousel or a train or boat ride if they have them. I'm not crazy about the rides that toss you all around and up and down, though. :D Sounds like you all had a fun time. Nice pictures!

Anonymous said...

So happy you had this time together. I'm not much for rides, but I sure like the sounds of the food! The children look like they had so much fun. Very colorful photos!

William Kendall said...

Sounds like you had a blast!

Doris said...

No rides for me! I do enjoy going to an amusement park with my family, though. I willingly hold all the stuff while they enjoy the rides :)
Loved all your fun pictures!