Adding dark chocolate makes them healthy (right?). And, if that's not so, please don't tell us as we did enjoy these "treats".
This was the first time I used Bisquick™ in a muffin mix (really). While we enjoyed the results, next time it's back to the basic flour and baking powder method for me.
WHY? The muffins were lighter and "flakier" Grenville's analysis and that made spreading butter a bit harder, unless it was (very) pre-softened. I used an oversize muffin tin (labeled Texas size) and this recipe made 6 muffins.
Chocolate Chip-Banana Muffins
Prep time: 12 min; Total time 30 min
- 1 egg
- 2 C original Bisquick™ mix
- 2-3 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups or grease bottoms only of muffin cups.
- Beat egg slightly in medium bowl; stir in remaining ingredients just until moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake about 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.