Yes, the VA eastern shore had snow for the 3X this month. It was quite a scenic winter wonderland for several hours.
Perfect timing for this comfort meal as all the ingredients were already in the fridge or pantry. It's very easy to prep this meal. Once cooked, it's dinner twice.
Chicken Cacciatore in CrockPot
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2-3 chopped scallions (optional)
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) whole (or diced) tomatoes, mashed
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried bail
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 C fresh mushrooms, chopped or 1 can (4 oz.) drained mushrooms
- Wash chicken pieces well and pat dry. Combine remaining ingredients in crockpot. I
- Add chicken pieces, pushing down into liquid to thoroughly coat. If using fresh mushrooms add on top; if canned, add during last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-9 hours or HIGH for half that time if you're in a hurry.
Spring is a little late(r) this year.