There was some color on an otherwise gray day, a male cardinal and a crockpot of chili.
The Crock Pot Chili recipe was on a bag on onions purchased this weekend:
- 1 lb. ground beef or stew meat (chopped into 1" chunks)
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 C chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 TBSP chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (14 oz) chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp hot pepper sauce (optional) I did not include
- Cook first 4 ingredients in large pan until meat is browned. Drain meat, then return to pan.
- Add chili powder, bay leaf, tomatoes, beans, and spices, stir well and bring to a boil.
- Transfer to a crock pot; cook on low 6-7 hours.
- Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Perfect (and easy) meal for a rainy Tuesday. Hope your day was good.