Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Up On the Roof

It’s the title of the 1962 hit by the Drifters, and reached #5 on the pop charts and #4 on R&B charts. Did you know that it was co-written by singer/songwriter Carole King and lyricist Gerry Goffin who were once married and also both born under the sign of Aquarius (no they did NOT write Age of Aquarius (see below).This young starling was up on a neighbor’s roof early today.

The rest of the family seemed to be singing harmony.

This lone young fledging was also there (finch or cardinal?).

baby cardinal 

And these lookout sparrows.
sparrow lookout
Aquarius/Let the Sun Shine is a medley of two songs written for the 1967 musical Hair by James Rado & Gerome Ragni (lyrics), and Galt MacDermot (music). It was later released as a single by The 5th Dimension in 1969.This song(s) was one a worldwide hit, and in the U.S.it reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 list.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I didn't know that song even excisted :-) But I do know Aquarius/Let the sun shine in. One of my favorites when I was growing up.

Beautiful bird photos, I do like that redish one!

Have a great day!
Christer.

Anvilcloud said...

This is the dawning of the age of abirdeous. Darling starlings.

MadSnapper said...

adorable baby bird Up On The roof... they do look like they are singing harmony

DeniseinVA said...

A lovely bit of movie trivia and I enjoyed your pretty birds. Yes, the day Gregg buys a firearm will be the day I buy the biggest shotgun - in other words it's not going to happen ;) I can't wait for you both to get out this way. This is our second visit and I am already looking to the third.

Ginnie said...

Very sweet but the fledgling doesn't look like a cardinal to me.

Montanagirl said...

Love these shots! I'm not sure about the House Finch/Cardinal....did you discover which it was?

Triumph said...

I'm concerned your new camera is limiting your daily exercise if you never have to leave the porch to get a great shot.