The ingredients list includes items you might already have available in the pantry, fridge or garden (fresh basil).
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 C lemon juice or 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/2 C fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped or squeezed through garlic press
- ½ cup olive oil
- Kosher or sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Combine lemon juice (and zest if using) in a bowl. Whisk in olive oil and add of garlic. Stack, roll and slice thin ribbons of basil and add to the mixture. Season chicken breasts with 1/2 tsp kosher salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Reserve a quarter cup of marinade before adding chicken breasts in; turn to coat. Refrigerate and marinate for up to 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from fridge while grill heats up to medium-medium/high heat. Grill chicken for 4-6 minutes before turning and basting grilled side with reserved marinade. Continue to cook for 4-6 more minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
Did I mention HOW easy this meal was to prepare ?